Shop/barn ideas

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by mach158, Sep 7, 2014.

1. mach158

mach158 Veteran Member

Aug 7, 2001
    Iowa
    Looking to see if anyone has a shop and barn in one building.

I will hopefully be building a new shop/barn next year to replace the current barn. The current setup is 46x50x14. I would like to keep that current size but would like to add a barn section to it. A lean to would be fine or perhaps a separate section off one end maybe 20-30x46 or so.

Also not sure if I want drive through capability in the shop or not. The overhead door(s) will be on one end and not in the middle.

Hoping someone may have something similar in nature to what I am looking to have to hopefully get some ideas.

2. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

Barn use for animals or?
    Garagejournal.com has a ton of different shop builds.;)

3. mach158

mach158 Veteran Member

Aug 7, 2001
    Iowa
    Yes, the barn would be used for animals. Don't currently have any but the plan is to eventually get a small hobby farm going.

I have already inquired at garagejournal.com thought I might ask here as well and see what else may be out there.

4. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2010
    erie, PA
    unless you want your cars smellng like cow sh*t I'd keep the buildings seperate

5. mach158

mach158 Veteran Member

Aug 7, 2001
    Iowa
    The buildings would be separated by a wall. The shop eventually insulated vs. the barn having no plans for insulation.

Also, no two buildings will be done so perhaps instead of trying to input an opinion that has no relevance you can contribute to the post or no post anything. Thanks.