Shifting gears

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ol' grouch, Mar 7, 2018.

1. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Evansville, In.
    I finally got a chance to watch "Shifting gears, with Aaron Kaufman" last night. I'm in bed before it comes on so watching it live isn't an option for me. It looks promising. No fake drama, so far, and most importantly, no "Get you some of THAT! Wooo!"

The Scout they are working on was hammered and they found it was twisted. No screaming, just taking care of the problem. I hope it stays like that.

2. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 15, 2004
    Bunker Hill, IL
    I saw the first little bit of it but didn't have time to watch all of it. While it looks promising as more of a true car guy show I worry that it wont make it due to not keeping the attention of the non car crowd. Also seemed a little awkward from what I saw but I suspect that will get better as time goes on.

3. ol' grouch

Jul 4, 2013
    Evansville, In.
    I've watched three or four episodes so far and it's actually a pretty decent show. No last minute fake deadlines, no drama queens getting wadded up, just people getting equipment built and working. The filming is more realistic and not the fake drama via camera shots. If it stays like it has so far, I hope it has a long run ahead of it.

4. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    I just watched the long episode with the International and I got kind of bored. Looks all it is another Discovery Car show spin-off, but this show is for the off-road/truck guys. All fake....No different then GMG. I rather watch GMG episodes....Not into trucks really.

I thought the drama was similar....They still showed worriedness with the bent body.

5. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Athens, GA
    The Falcon he's driving during the intro...is it the same one he drove up Pike's Peak? That is a bad ass automobile. I thought he auctioned the Pike's Peak car, but the intro car looks like it could be it.

6. ol' grouch

Jul 4, 2013
    Evansville, In.

If it isn't, he recreated it. It still has the ventilation ports he put in the hood. He was doing donuts in it towards the end pf the episode and then got to fly an aerobatics plane.

7. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 12, 2011
    atlanta, ga
    yawn.... cool stuf but ....ZZzzzzz

8. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Tampa, FL
    Richard Rawliings probably owns it now! It seems like half the cars the Azz Monkeys built are still in scenes from new episodes.

BTW - did you watch the FnL episode where the Monkeys are at SEMA and Rawlings is Drunk?