Sheetmetal Choices

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by jetech1, Oct 26, 2018.

1. R.Jones

R.Jones New Member

What about dynacorn parts and golden star? To know which brands are the best is a very confusing issue. Our we sure their not all made in the same overseas factor and just labeled differently?! Lol.

2. 75Maro

75Maro Veteran Member

I agree with the above post. Most likely all built in the same plant with different labels.

hubedobeedo and R.Jones like this.
  3. hubedobeedo

hubedobeedo 3rd times a charm

i suspect they are i know years ago alot of auto manufacturers sold their old dies when they updated models which created fitment problems when aftermarket companies made parts with them.i remember using comealong to pull down fender on my brothers pickup but it only cost 60 bucks lol i also had fitment problems with some of the sheetmetal i bought got most from tamraz on ebay all asian the rear filler between decklid and rear window was from company that went out of business it fit nice if you can get used oem or nos you will have less fitment problems but spend time on fixing rust be aware just because parts are new or look rust free there are place on all parts that need attention to avoid future rust thru fender braces from factory and aftermarket are not fully coated i found out when i had issues with fitment and removed originals to use on aftermarket skin i imagine that is why all camaros have that rust thru issue on bottom of fenders relizing that i have spent alot of time on all other panels on my build boy that was long winded hope it helps

4. lapedr

lapedr Veteran Member Gold Member

I bought AMD quarters, outer wheelhouses, tail panel, crossrail, and RH fender and they are awesome. I hardly had to do any tweaking on the LH qtr.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hubedobeedo, jbloake and bodymanbill like this.
  5. hubedobeedo

hubedobeedo 3rd times a charm

that does look good nice gaps are you using different tail panel? if so post pics

6. smokeatr23

smokeatr23 Veteran Member

Wish mine looked that good. I got crap from Camaro central and the door vent was about 1/2" too low on one. The outer wheel wells didn't fit correctly either.

7. lapedr

lapedr Veteran Member Gold Member

Yes I have a new amd tail panel supposedly new tooling, it seems pretty heavy

8. 70ZED

70ZED Veteran Member Gold Member

I see your bottom bodyline doesn't line up and the middle one is there. Mine has same issue.
    [​IMG]iii
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

hubedobeedo likes this.
  9. mk3ricks

mk3ricks New Member

hubedobeedo likes this.
  10. smokeatr23

smokeatr23 Veteran Member