Seeking Front Suspension Kit Recommendations

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by KG4, Dec 3, 2017.

1. KG4

KG4 New Member

Nov 15, 2017
    I recently bought a very solid, rust free 73. I found the engine had a broken roller lifter and a blown head gasket so the engine is coming out.

Soooo, you guys know how this goes, I'm going to pull the subframe due to original bushings and a hodge podge of mixed and worn out components.

I've looked at a lot of different kits and I think I want to restore the original subframe and then bolt on tubular uppers and lowers, coil overs (I'm digging the Vikings) etc etc.

Is there a kit that really shines or a kit that you would use if you were doing this or a kit that you have experience with that you'd recommend?

2. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 25, 1999
    San Jose, CA, USA
  3. KG4

KG4 New Member

Nov 15, 2017
    Thank you, that isn't a company that was on my radar.

4. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Missouri
    I just ordered the pro touring kit from CPP (Classic Performance Products), #7081PTK-4. It now includes the Viking coil-overs that are double adjustable. Also has a C5 type spindles and brake set-up. I should receive everything this week. I'm also using my stock sub-frame, I've already pulled it and had it powder-coated.
    20170907_180715.jpg

5. KG4

KG4 New Member

Nov 15, 2017
    This is a kit that has caught my eye. I’ll be interested in your progress. Sub frame looks great!

6. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Tampa, FL
    I sell USA Made Arms & ViKings

[​IMG]

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Missouri
    Thanks, I let you know how everything goes together. Still have a ways to go though before I'm ready to reassemble.

KG4 likes this.