Seeking Front Suspension Kit Recommendations

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by KG4, Dec 3, 2017.

1. KG4

KG4 New Member

Nov 15, 2017
    I recently bought a very solid, rust free 73. I found the engine had a broken roller lifter and a blown head gasket so the engine is coming out.

Soooo, you guys know how this goes, I'm going to pull the subframe due to original bushings and a hodge podge of mixed and worn out components.

I've looked at a lot of different kits and I think I want to restore the original subframe and then bolt on tubular uppers and lowers, coil overs (I'm digging the Vikings) etc etc.

Is there a kit that really shines or a kit that you would use if you were doing this or a kit that you have experience with that you'd recommend?

2. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 25, 1999
    San Jose, CA, USA
  3. KG4

KG4 New Member

Nov 15, 2017
    Thank you, that isn't a company that was on my radar.

4. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Missouri
    I just ordered the pro touring kit from CPP (Classic Performance Products), #7081PTK-4. It now includes the Viking coil-overs that are double adjustable. Also has a C5 type spindles and brake set-up. I should receive everything this week. I'm also using my stock sub-frame, I've already pulled it and had it powder-coated.
    20170907_180715.jpg

5. KG4

KG4 New Member

Nov 15, 2017
    This is a kit that has caught my eye. I’ll be interested in your progress. Sub frame looks great!

6. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Tampa, FL
    I sell USA Made Arms & ViKings

[​IMG]

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Missouri
    Thanks, I let you know how everything goes together. Still have a ways to go though before I'm ready to reassemble.

KG4 likes this.
  8. ks71z28

ks71z28 Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 10, 2004
    chico, ca, usa
    We can definitely help you out. We aren't a "one kit fits all" manufacturer for sure. We have options and parts based on your budget and performance needs. Most of our parts are Made by us or in the USA. Feel free to contact us to discuss your needs and budget and we can put something together for you