sale price 70' Camaro

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by 44070dart, Aug 30, 2017.

1. jimrr

jimrr Veteran Member

Jun 12, 2016
    sarasota
    Simple straightforward answer, from what I see online. ....$15,000 to $22,000.00

2. 44070dart

44070dart New Member

Aug 30, 2017
    grand island ny
    WOW, we are all over the place .. and you guys are Camaro people ..so where does that leave a outsider like me :confused:.. I thought this would be 15/18k from what I see for muscle cars lately ..asking prices seem to be up, I'm always looking to see whats out there

3. ggtsvnv

ggtsvnv Veteran Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Reno NV,
    You have to remember that part of it is where you are located. If your in the dry west where cars don't rust so much prices can be a little lower. If you're in the rust belt where fewer are left in good condition than prices tend to be a little higher. Some people might say well a restored is a restored car; however not all are done as well as others. Some people doing a quick flip cut corners and do low quality work. I'm sure you've seen those cars in the Mopar world also, you know the ones with thick bondo, poor paint prep so in a year or two it starts cracking. With the kind of money being thrown around on classic cars these days I wouldn't buy a restored car without seeing it first, having someone trusted check it out or buying from a private party that I know. There are too many stories of people buy cars off the Internet just from pictures and someones discription and getting burned. One persons great car is someone's else's just OK car or nightmare. There are some expensive second Gen camaros that are worth the money and some that are pretty on the outside but not worth the big bucks. Do your do diligence.

44070dart likes this.
  4. 79RedZ

79RedZ Veteran Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Hamilton,MI
    I think your in the ballpark. I could never buy a car like this without seeing it in person. If the seller can provide receipts that would help. The tremec is a nice add.

5. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    Have you seen this car in person? I would take a magnet not a real strong one wrap some plastic wrap around it and check the typical places where these cars rust. Test the magnet on a car you know is clean no bondo just paint to see how it holds then crawl all over that car and check. Some look great on top but poor underneath. There are some here that have found gallons of bondo when restoring their car. Better to be safe than sorry. Don't worry about offending the seller.

mallard likes this.
  6. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    NOT WORTH $10K? What are you smoking???

I'm late to this party, but consider what you are getting for the dollar....I can tell you from experience, pay now or pay later (I wish I paid "now")...The condition of the car is where the value is IMHO. Looking back, I would pay $15K+ for a car with superior body work and paint then $6K for a car that needed it. Replacement panels are stupid expensive for the 1970-73 and paint and body can run you $10-$15K alone!

Just a driver 70-73 Camaro is worth $3-5K, consider it has a $2500 TKO transmission, a rebuilt engine, excellent paint/body (need to verify in person), excellent interior etc...All that would put your $3-$5K Camaro to $25K+ easy....

Its a good color too.....

I would seriously (if I had the cash) would not feel one bit of remorse paying $15-$20K for that car if it checked out.

7. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    But, remember that a modified old car never is worth the money that is invested in it. Invest thost big bucks in your car only if you like it that way and plan to keep it. When it comes time to sell a modified car, the next owner will have different ideas of the car they want so many of the modifications will have to come out and be a loss.

With an original car, there is only one "original" and anybody wanting an original car wants it just the way it is. With a modified car, there are millions of modifications and no two people want the same thing.

8. badazz81z28

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    Its easy to talk down on the price of these cars.....Some of these people that say its not worth $8K....try to find one at this price. I think the general public says they are worth more then that. When I was looking, it was TOUGH to find a decent car without rust. These cars are getting harder to find and even harder to find one that remotely looks as good or stock as the OPs post.

44070dart likes this.
  9. badazz81z28

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV

Oh yes, you can spend $100K to restore a car, doesn't make it worth $100K in the end. Exactly my point why you have to consider what your getting. Trying to save $5K, will bite you because paying for what it already has later will come at a retail price. Not having seen this car in question, but if its as nice as its described, you can't pay to have it done for $30K. I'm sure he's got a lot more into it....

Dave Nelson likes this.
  10. jij116

jij116 New Member

Nov 11, 2008
    bound brook NJ
    1970 SS FB_IMG_1498785608934.jpg FB_IMG_1498785608934.jpg L78, 1 FB_IMG_1498785608934.jpg