sale price 70' Camaro

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by 44070dart, Aug 30, 2017.

1. 44070dart

44070dart New Member

Aug 30, 2017
    grand island ny
    Hello guys, Thinking of making an offer on this car and I have the age old question ..what is the reasonable price ..I have been with Mopars for a while but like all types of muscle.. hard to get a read on value from the usual sites because car is not a stock Camaro.. You guys would be more familiar.. any opinions, thanks ...

...for sale 1970 Camaro, 350 SB 3,000 miles, Tremec TKO 600 5-spd, Lakewood clutch, Pressure plate, Scatter Shield, Hyd activated clutch, Aluminum drive shaft. 3:42 posi, Hooker ceramic coated headers, stainless steel exhaust, flow master mufflers, Edlebrock equiped, full Auto meter gauges in dash, Runs & drives excellent! Nice lumpy idle, Award winner. Body/interior excellent ..Not a true Z28. Asking $29.500 OBO.

Attached Files:

2. 44070dart

44070dart New Member

Aug 30, 2017
    grand island ny

Attached Files:

3. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    People start high when selling, so there is room to negotiate. What would be your offer? Is there more pic's and info about the engine. Some people spend that much for a serious engine build. Just curious to know what's it got. It looks like a beautiful car though.

4. 44070dart

44070dart New Member

Aug 30, 2017
    grand island ny
    350 rebuilt .. not a big cam or aluminum heads ..my offer is the question, don't want to offend the guy, not sure where to start..don't know what the going rate is on this type of car, not being stock .. I know its what someone will pay, just don't want to get over my head in this thing because if you feel you paid to much a car can get on your nerves very fast when something needs repair. .. I know ! ..... just not familiar with Chevy's

Attached Files:

5. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    If you cut that price in half, it is still more than the value of the car. I wouldn't pay 10k for that car. It would need to be lower than that.

6. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    This one really rolls down to the condition of the body. If its full of mud than its up to you but probably 6-8k. If its got new panels and the work was decent and the paint is good than 12-16. The 5 speed is nice and some depends on the REAL condition of the engine. They all have less than 5k miles. Can he prove it with receipts? Nowhere near 29.5. You can get a real Z in that ballpark.

7. 44070dart

44070dart New Member

Aug 30, 2017
    grand island ny
    Whoa.. had no idea 2nd generation Camaros had no value .. I'll better stick to Mopars where I have an idea what I'm doing ...... thanks Gary, I'll pass on this one

8. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 5, 2005
    Rockford, MN
    2nd Gens have value but prices are all over the place, anywhere from $10k to $100k+. It all depends on model, originality or modifications and condition, especially the body. Generally, any basic sport coupe with a rust free body, nice paint & interior with a good running engine is going to bring money in the teens. A basic sport coupe will sell for more money if it has quality mods & upgrades. Real Z28's & SS's with matching drivetrain will bring more $$. RS option also adds value.

Without knowing more details about the car in question it's hard to say but the sellers add does say excellent body, paint & interior. With the mods, I'm guessing somewhere in the mid teens is a more realistic price for this car, high teens at the most but that would involve closer inspection.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    44070dart likes this.
  9. PalmbchZ28

PalmbchZ28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2017
    West Palm Beach Fl
    How bad do you want it? It is worth what the buyer is willing to pay as always. But to me it would be around 8 to 10 grand. As someone said already, really depends on mud, also and the quality of the work.... they all look good online. I'm not the kind of guy to make a bunch of low-ball offers but some people just set their price too high.

BillyDean7173 likes this.
  10. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

May 21, 2014
    Hutto, TX
    BINGO!!!!! Both are excellent points.