Rustover's 72 Camaro

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Double R Restorations, Nov 3, 2013.

1. ChevyReb

ChevyReb Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 4, 2003
    SC
    Russ,

Do you have a rear package tray yet. I have one that has a small crease in it that they sent a new one for. I'd let it go for 1/2 cost new if you are interested I can get you a pic. Also you should get that mirror bracket soon I mailed it out a couple days ago.

2. Double R Restorations

Double R Restorations Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2002
    VA
    Thanks for the compliments guys. Tony no rush, I appreciate it. Craig, I appreciate the offer. I do have one, I just cut it out of the car for access to the trunk. I plan to weld it back in after the trunk pan replacement. The extension is toast, but Tony has a good one for me. I haven't seen the mirror bracket yet, but the holiday has probably put them behind.

I ordered my mirror gaskets from Camaro Central just a few weeks ago and they are correct. They looked identical to the originals with the tab. I called to verify it was not the OER ones. I have two new OER ones (drivers side) if anybody needs them.

Craig, I built those jack stand elevators a few years ago. They have come in very handy. The front tires are on a set of ramps. I'm not really a fan of ramps, but these seem to be ok. My neighbor gave them to me a few years ago when he was cleaning up his yard. I would always borrow them to clean out from under my riding mower. I cleaned them up and had them powder coated. I like these because I can turn one opposite the other and put a 2x4 in them to scotch a tire. Not sure if I would use them once the motor and trans is in, but for the shell they should be ok.

[​IMG]

Thanks for the compliments on the shop. It was a lot of saving up for and hard work. I basically put the camaro project on hold for 3 years. It feels good to get out there and work in it.

3. ChevyReb

Feb 4, 2003
    SC
    Noooo silly you cannot weld the package tray...it is cardboard, foam, and vinyl.

4. check_valve

check_valve Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kuwait
    Just went throughout the whole thread, very impressive!

5. ChevyReb

Feb 4, 2003
    SC
    Ok nevermind.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  6. gary bickel

gary bickel Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2013
    fort worth tex
    rustover 72

Russ looking good I would like to change our mirrows over to the bullet type cna you help me on that. Your work is sure looking good keep it up. Gary PS great looking shop Im starting on mine next week.

7. Philly

Philly Veteran Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Awesome build! That engine is amazing! Keep up the great work!

8. Double R Restorations

Double R Restorations Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2002
    VA
    That's Funny. I do have one of those. Thanks for the offer.

Check valve, Philly, and Gary thanks for the compliments. Gary shoot me a pm about the mirrors and I will give you hand.

9. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    Car is looking great! I'm envious of your garage space as well!!

10. $ Mike 70 Z-28

$ Mike 70 Z-28 Veteran Member

Nov 7, 2002
    New York, NY
    glade to see you back great job AAA+++