rules on sfi harmonic dampers ?

Discussion in 'Competition Camaros' started by hirevn, May 22, 2006.

1. hirevn

hirevn Veteran Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Palmer, AK
    does anyone no if the rules have changed or is it still 10.99 or quicker in ihra before its mandatory to have a sfi damper?

2. Marv D

Marv D Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yes,,, 10.99 and quicker.

One cool thing,, as of the 2006 rule book the SFI balancer still never expires. That and your jacket/pants are about the only things that don't have an SFI expiration date.

3. Dirt Reynolds

Dirt Reynolds Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 17, 2003
    BC, Canada
    Don't you just love how NHRA rips us off for having to get the harnesses re-certified or new ones bought every TWO years? Who the hell wears out a seat belt in two years? :(

4. hirevn

hirevn Veteran Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Palmer, AK
    thanks marv.our tech guy told me i had to have the sfi damper to run so i wasnt able to test yesterday.he must of been confused and thought i said 10.50s,i told him i was shooting for 11.50s n/a for atleast a few weeks.
    he was a real d@&K about it so its time to put in a call to the track manager.
    these guys should no the rules better than i should but i knew it was 10.99.

5. Marv D

Marv D Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

You mean everyone doesn't leave their race car sitting outside where the UV and Ozone can deteriorate the nylon webbing??????

I swear SFI and NHRA are in bed together (you make a new rule and we'll kick back 20%)

6. ZS10

ZS10 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 18, 2003
    BC, Canada
    Spend $10 and keep a rule book in the glove box. It'll save you a ton of fustration.