RS parts.... what are they worth

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by ahale2772, Jan 7, 2012.

1. ahale2772

ahale2772 Veteran Member

Feb 25, 2009
    boston ma
    I will be selling some parts from my newly aquired 71 RS camaro.
    would like to get some opinions on what its all actually worth.

Got tons of parts with the car. anyone feel free to send me a PM if your interested in parts. not looking for any trades unless they are fiberglass body parts for a 71....looking for a full glass nose, doors, trunklid

here we go...

Got a beautiful set of 67-69 rally sport rims with VERY good condition trim rings, no rot on the roms and all the trim is in great cond. for sale as a set
    [​IMG]

have the full RS nose sheet metal from our car. all is in decent shape, no dings, has minimal rot. have all the fende brackets, and bumperetts. Have a rubber nose peice that is on OK shape, no great but with some love could be fixed. Also have the grill inserts that are also in great shape. Would like to sell as a complete front end
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

have an NOS GM set of upper and lower fron valence pannels for the car. top has GM sticker still on it, the lower was bought at the same time but does not have the sticker (can clearly see where the sitcker was pealed off) would like to sell as a set.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also have a set of RS marker light bezls that are in ok shape, chrome trim, plastic has stress/age cracks, but would clean up nice.

hope this isnt asking too much, But ive got no idea where to start.

I'll post pictures asap

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. hucks 70

hucks 70 Veteran Member

Jun 4, 2004
    millstadt ill USA
    i would say the nos upper and lower would be at least,500 a shot or more.used ones a couple hundred ,look prett rusy.

3. ahale2772

ahale2772 Veteran Member

Feb 25, 2009
    boston ma
    the pannels dont have much rust really... its "ruddy brown/red" primer.

there are some spots that would take nothing more than sanding to clean up.

I just didnt know if an original on-the-car straight piece would be better than even nos stuff.

thanks

4. speed_m5

speed_m5 Veteran Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Baytown Texas
  5. mjoc

mjoc Veteran Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Sherman Oaks, Ca
    I would say the nos sheet metal is worth at least $1000.00 a piece to the right person.

Michael

6. mark wagner

mark wagner Veteran Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Saylorsburg Pa. USA
    nothing, absolutely zero, zilch, nicht, nadda, in fact you could be fined for having them. I will come up and get them to protect you, and dispose of them properly......j/k :p
    but in all honesty 6-700 each for the NOS would probably be about right. e-bay 'em with a reserve. jmho