Route 66 show in Springfield, IL

Discussion in 'Mid-West Owners' started by mickstan, Aug 26, 2014.

1. mickstan

mickstan Veteran Member

Jun 11, 2012
    E'ville, IL
    Its that time of year again! Over 1000 cars and a MASSIVE, HUGE car cruise on Friday nite! One of the BEST shows and cruises of the season for our area, you wont be disappointed. Heres the link: http://www.route66fest.com/

2. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

Considering driving down there Saturday morning to check it out.
    My brother has gone several times and got Best Camaro (69) a few years ago.:cool: He's already got reservations for Friday and Saturday.

3. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Central Illinois
    Laine I may head down in the Trans Am Saturday morning. Send me a PM if you head that way. I might still have your number in my phone, I will have to check

4. Chevrolaine

Will do Chris. Still trying to get Friday off so I can just go with him then. Would like to see the Cruise that night.:(

5. J. Chris Davis

J. Chris Davis Veteran Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Dixon, IL USA
    I'd like to go to that, but that is the same weekend as Madison Classics (Jefferson swap meet) in Wisconsin.

6. mickstan

mickstan Veteran Member

Jun 11, 2012
    E'ville, IL
    The cruise on Friday evening is incredible. I've got my room at the hilton downtown lined up and will be there Friday nite and Saturday during the day with the camaro and the Eurosport VR. Should be parked on the west side of the hilton across from their parking garage. Will be with friends in their 65 gto and 87 gnx. Stop by and say hello! Sadly only saw 2 second gens there last year, and all camaros are lumped into one class with only one award. I have no expectations of an award, but it will still be a good time.

7. Chevrolaine

Stopped going there regularly a couple years ago. Pretty sure it's been the same people selling the same stuff in the same spot for the past 20 years.:screwup: I've even dealt with trying to buy the same part 5 years in a row once. Lol:crazy:

8. mickstan

mickstan Veteran Member

Jun 11, 2012
    E'ville, IL
    Bump! This weekend is the show! I'll be there Friday and Saturday.

9. mickstan

mickstan Veteran Member

Jun 11, 2012
    E'ville, IL
  10. mickstan

mickstan Veteran Member

Jun 11, 2012
    E'ville, IL
    this is a test of the new site to see how it works. Nothing to see here, move along.....

[​IMG]