Rocker trim

Discussion in '1974 Specific' started by Jimmer, Apr 29, 2013.

1. 74z28TypeLT

74z28TypeLT Veteran Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Manassas, VA
    I have a '74 4-spd A/C car and it came with the 3.42. I second twozs on that one.

2. Jimmer

Jimmer Veteran Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Green Bay, Wis.
    Does anyone reproduce the 3 piece moldings or have a set to sell? Thanks.

3. jd

jd Veteran Member

Feb 8, 2002
    Upper Midwest
    No, they are not...nor have I heard of any plans for reproduction.

Adding to this thread, as twozs and vfitom indicated, all Type LT cars came with the 3/4" trim. The only possibilities for your discrepency are:

1. Your car is not really a Type LT...what is the 2nd digit of your V.I.N.? Only an "S" will designate a Type LT
    2. Someone changed the trim prior to your owning
    3. Someone swapped the VIN on your car prior to owning. To verify this you would have to match the VIN on your dash to the VIN stamped in 2 places on the firewall, under the heater a/c blower box. I would only consider this to be a possibility IF the lower trim is attached with Nelson studs AND your V.I.N. has an S as the 2nd digit.

Again, there were NO Type LT cars that got the 3" rocker trim.

4. Papa_Crunch

Papa_Crunch New Member

Dec 29, 2014
    So. Calif
    Where can I buy this 3/4'' lower rocker trim

5. 74z28TypeLT

74z28TypeLT Veteran Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Manassas, VA
    I don't know of any repro of this trim, but I was able to find some NOS for a good price about 9 years back. There's probably a lot more of it out there. Try to find a part number and then search ebay. There's also a lot of it used in salvage yards. They made hundreds of thousands of Type LTs with this same trim from 1973-1978 (I think '78 was the last year for this trim style, as '78 was also the last Type LT).

6. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2003
    Skiatook, Okla. 74070
    From my swap meet ad...
    54. Three pieces of the hard to find LT trim... $10 each + shipping.
    [​IMG]

The long one has lots of road debris nicks.
    The short ones could be stripped and polished pretty easily. They are two of the same piece.

7. 1974TypeLT

1974TypeLT Veteran Member

Mar 19, 1999
    NW, FL USA
    My '74 midnight blue LT does not have black painted at the bottom of the rocker panel and it has the narrow 3 pc accent molding. I have only seen the contrasting black rocker panels on lighter colored LT's.

8. Z28PILOT

Z28PILOT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Emerald Isle , NC
    The Dark Red metallic painted Type LT Camaro has the blacked paint rocker area.....seen it several times on this color .

9. CapnMorgan

CapnMorgan Veteran Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Campbell, Ohio
    my 74 lt, paint code 74, med red metallic had black rockers. It also appears to have had studs in the fender and front of quarter that were removed, I haven't started on the doors yet. vin matches firewall.

10. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny