rocker arms for my SBC 350: full roller vs roller tip only

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by need-for-speed, Jan 12, 2018.

1. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Aug 1, 1999
    ohio
    I do like the full rollers when valve cover clearance is not an issue. The roller mount keeps the rockers flat on the valve tip, can't rock side to side, and do require some less oiling and run cooler.

2. need-for-speed

need-for-speed Veteran Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Conroe, TX
    Well......they didn't see the pistons. I pulled the heads myself. The only piston that was "tatoo'd" was no. 1 where the exhaust valve hit......

3. need-for-speed

Feb 7, 2003
    Conroe, TX
    not just you. it happened to me yesterday about that same time. one post disappeared, I had to re-type it. But then again, I am 60 y.o. LOL

4. need-for-speed

Feb 7, 2003
    Conroe, TX
    Great point on the side to side slop in the stamped rockers. My master card bonus points thank you :)

5. need-for-speed

Feb 7, 2003
    Conroe, TX
    just saw this part. Thanks. I noticed when I was checking pushrod length on the erson rockers (before I decided to scrap them) that after setting to the base circle and turning nut until all slack was removed (pushrod) that some of the lifeters bottomed out after only 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn. I'm glad you brought this up. I will replace the lifters.

p.s. I love the note in your signature. I met my wife 6 months after SHE bought her '79 Camaro. It was a girlie powder blue / 305 2 bbl / turbo 350 / 2.41 one legger rear end car. Fortunately, I transformed it to the manly car that it is now :)

She still has the same husband :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154881861@N04/38776699785/in/dateposted-public/

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  6. need-for-speed

Feb 7, 2003
    Conroe, TX