Rockauto

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by COPO, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Buickfunnycar

Buickfunnycar Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Truer words have never been spoken...

2. Joekool

Joekool Veteran Member

Feb 4, 2002
    Hollister CA USA
    Those Bosch platinum plugs they sell for domestic and Japanese cars tend to explode in the cylinder. For some reason they are really bad when installed in Chrysler products, they tend to not even last a month. It's a running joke in my shop when a vehicle comes in for a poor run and we find Bosch plugs installed...

3. Mike N

Mike N Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Spencerport, NY.
    The Champion plug in my riding mower is likely 40 years old and still fires. Yay me!!

budro6968 likes this.
  4. Mike N

Mike N Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Spencerport, NY.
    Too bad the techs in the service department get raped by an outdated and unfair pay system..... but that's a topic for another thread.

I'm sure @Knuckle Dragger and @MrAzzhat2U would agree with me 1000% on that.....

5. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Ocala, Florida
    The set I have in my 04 v6 Nissan Frontier have been in there since 08 with about 50k on them. About due for replacement...with Bosch Platinums.

6. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    When I worked for a local Pontiac dealer they would throw away all kinds of new never opened stuff. I found new Plugs all the time. I was actually pulling bumper covers with such slight damage it was crazy. I would get them and resell them. The local bumper repair shop would pick the trash all the time. They did the same thing.

7. Da_Raabi

Da_Raabi Veteran Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Daytona Beach, FL
    I don't think I ever ran Bosch plugs, but I've been running Champion plugs for a long long time in almost everything. My old 99 Durango ran like crap on anything but Champion. It was a known... feature? that the 318 and 360 magnum engines would only run good with Champions. I've kinda stuck with them ever since. Got them in the 454 in the dooley and also in the 454 in the Camaro.

8. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Tampa, FL
    1st NAPA is usually the Highest Priced and comparing prices with them is easy.

RockAuto doesn't have the Overhead that NAPA does