Robert's 73 Formula

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by hot72rod, Oct 6, 2014.

1. hot72rod

hot72rod Veteran Member Gold Member

Well I did a build thread when I tore some of the car down for paint and body work. I thought this time around I would document the entire build.

Let me start off with a little bit of the back story. The car is a 1973 Pontiac Formula firebird, 350, 3-speed manual. The car started life as a high option car. It came with deluxe interior, a/c and true dual exhaust. It has factory rally pack with the tic-tac-clock. The one down side to the car is the 350, 2bbl carb.

I thought long and hard about this, but this is a number matching car with just a tad over 43,000 miles on the clock. The problem I was having is I don't care anything about a numbers car. My intent was to find a Pontiac 455 and swap out the 350. Since the two are visibly the same motor I could have it pass as the 350. After looking around for a couple of years, I came to the realization that that I wasn't going to find a buildable 455 under a grand. The problem with spending a $1000 on a good core, is what parts cost for a Pontiac motor. So that brings me to where I am now.

I like a protouring, so that is where I'm going to take the car in this phase of it's life. I know this has been a little long winded, but I do have some pics of the car after I got it out of paint and a couple with just a few parts put back on the car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  2. hot72rod

I guess I don't know what I'm doing, if someone can help with the pic I would appreciate.

3. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Click on the image icon in the menu and paste the photocucket "direct" link there here on the site not the link icon...

Link icon - - - Remove Link Icon - - - Insert Email Link Icon - - - Image Icon

4. MotionClone

MotionClone Veteran Member

Jan 20, 2014
    away from the crazies
    Go to Photobucket and hover over the image you want to show and click on "Share Links"...like this

[​IMG]

Then click on "Direct Link" as shown by the arrow below. By clicking you copy the link to your clipboard.

[​IMG]

Then paste the link between [​IMG]...but dont have any spaces like below

[​IMG]

Your pic:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  5. hot72rod

Here are a few more pics of the car with the trim around the windows and some different rims.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
  7. ChevyReb

ChevyReb Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 4, 2003
    SC
    Sharp firechicken! I'd love to get one of those, always loved that dual hood scoop look!

8. 8pack

Aug 29, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
  9. hot72rod

I don't care for it myself.

10. 8pack

Aug 29, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Probably a good thing. Saved you about $100k!