RIP Robin Williams.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Javelin3o4, Aug 11, 2014.

1. hhott71

hhott71 R.I.P 11/19/18 Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Joplin Mo. 64801
    Nanu nanu Mork, you'll be missed.

2. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Vineland N.J USA
  3. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    Very sad to end like that, but if you saw that new comedy, The Crazy Ones, this season, you know that something was truly wrong there. It was either very bad acting, or something wrong deep underneath.

4. iraqivet

iraqivet Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Hobart, Indiana
    Robin Williams

I bought a pair of suspenders like he wore on Mork & Mindy in 1980. Got a lot of weird looks, but I didn't care. Unfortunate he reached his breaking point.

5. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    This was my favorite all time stand up comedian.

The man had more talent in Improv's then I've ever seen before in any other comedian.
    It's a shame he battled alcoholism so long trying to steer clear of it and it takes it's toll on your mental stability.

Alot of women like Dane Cook but I think he's a douche with no talent.
    Robin Williams would have ripped that guy to shreds in 10 minutes.

6. cyberswap

cyberswap Veteran Member

Dec 14, 2002
    kentucky
    The irony is he hung himself using a naaa noooo naaa noose !

You heard it hear first

RIP Robin

7. rockheadrocks

rockheadrocks Veteran Member

I remember his first TV appearance as Mork on Happy Days. He made such an impression he got his own series, and it all snowballed from there. I have over 15 hours of his standup on VHS that I guess I'm gonna have to digitize one of these days. First comedy album I ever owned was his "Reality... What a Concept" on 33 1/3 LP. No matter how many times I hear it, I always wind up laughing so hard tears run down my face.

This news hits so hard for me... his measured insanity and sheer manic onstage energy saw me through many dark times in my life.

It hurts my heart to think that he spent his last moments unaware of how much he was loved.

It hurts my soul knowing that he chose a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

He made no secret of all the demons he battled in his life... booze, drugs, depression... why is it that people with such gifts almost inevitably have such darkness and unknowable pain?

8. david.rosol

david.rosol Veteran Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Southern Maryland
  9. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    Quite often people develop or amplify their personalities or talents from additional things like drugs or alcohol.

Cocaine was always referred to as "The personality amplifier" for a reason. Alot of people might not realize this but Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, and many other famous actors from the early decades were pumped full of drugs (Uppers to keep them going, downers to help them sleep) to keep going. The down side is, it can drive you broke, and it can drive you to addiction to maintain that level. This is all too common in Hollywood.....

Samething goes for alcohol......
    For some it's a stimulant......for others, it's a Dr Jekyl, Mr Hyde door opener.
    All of them however affect your normal cerebral chemical balance to maintain yourself.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  10. tlongwel

tlongwel Veteran Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Ohio

Not funny