[RIP: Mark Allen Sparks 1961-2013] - Joshua and the worrior!

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by masparks, Dec 15, 2008.

1. 5spd540

5spd540 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Guyton, GA
    Take a lot of pics it will mean a lot after the car is finished.

2. masparks

masparks Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Gas, Kansas
    Well she's in the shop.Pulled her in myself. Frist pic this morning,Then to this evening.

[​IMG]
    The shop
    [​IMG]
    In the shop!!he!he!
    [​IMG]
    deck lid off Not to bad Tail light buckets looked ok
    [​IMG]
    Front coming off
    [​IMG]
    This just came back after new 496 and front end redone
    [​IMG]

Well it's a start. Tomorrow I'm going to start pulling inside out!! :crazy:

I'm smiling inside so much my cheeks are get sore anyway!! :eek: I'll keep the pic's coming. Hope we don't run into any major problems,yet I prepared for it!:D

Have a great evening!!

3. Keizer

Keizer BANNED

Jan 17, 2005
    Wa State
    It's going to be a long 8 months!! :D Looks like they are taking care of you. Post lots of pics.

4. Venom73

Venom73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, Ky
    Yeah, keep us posted. It seemed like forever mine was gone.

5. masparks

Nov 7, 2006
    Gas, Kansas
    Well I got the insides pulled out today!!:p Took 2 pic's, went in took one pic's card full:( so after lunch I take a empty card take one pic battery dead:mad: !!! That's my luck.:rolleyes:

Hey fenders, quarters, tail panel, body bolt kit all came in today as well. Also duke mixed up a pint of the color. 69-76 GM hugger orange Love it!! Now I need to get paint code off my truck and well see what it looks like with the orange.

Here is the inside before removing it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the 2:screwup: I took today!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pic's to come! you all have a great weekend and be safe!!

6. masparks

Nov 7, 2006
    Gas, Kansas
    Well this is as of tuesday. Yesturday the other side was off but no camara Well today I got to order anthor Grand in parts

It's snow balling and I can't stop it! Now All I can HEAR is "Might as well do the inside now!" What:eek: I haven't even got started here yet!! Havent even bought one pretty part yet Well maybe the a/c delete box:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's zak, He's the owners son and he has a 73 w/big block. So they get to bring back a 70 now!!

More as they come! It's alot to take in all at once. It was just a dream and now it's a night mare! Kidding but really Never thought it would happen. Very grateful to my family for all they've done for me. Thank you SON!

7. masparks

Nov 7, 2006
    Gas, Kansas
    Well Haven't made it to the shop last couple of days,so no progress to show.
    But I just ordered a L-88 bolt on hood.Fiberglass of corse..

Now to break the news to Joshua.:screwup: He no liky! But the Bank dose:crazy: I had bought a cowl pin on,But the Bank don't like it after all.:confused: I seen to many ways to scuf up the paint!!

So next I guess it's time to start thinking about the inside a little.:bowtie:

8. masparks

Nov 7, 2006
    Gas, Kansas
    Well I haven;t been to the shop this week. Christmas break. But I just got off the phone with NPD again. I still have a couple little things to get but so far I've spent $5331.39!! :eek: Thats for new body panels and inside trim parts. I have them but there not nice;) I also have gotten new bumpers head light bezels etc.

And I still have a few little things like door locks w/trunk & glovebox to match.

I just hope that it turns out to be nice. Still need to find out about getting the seats redone,I'm wanting to do a diamond tuck patteren on door panels and front and rear seats!! If the price is right. well see.

I just wish it was done!!:crazy: It's been along time coming I guess I can't wait alittle longer.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!! :bowtie:

9. th3assass1n

th3assass1n Veteran Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Costa Mesa, CA
    I was wondering if there was a certain kit that u had to buy to fit that after market head unit in there?

10. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

Good to hear Mark, Sounds like it's gonna be an awesome New Year for you!!