[RIP: Mark Allen Sparks 1961-2013] - Joshua and the worrior!

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by masparks, Dec 15, 2008.

1. MEAN79

MEAN79 Veteran Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Manhattan, Kansas
    Sorry for taking so long to check the car out. but its nice got to say i have envy. really want one of these early 2nd gens.

2. moms1978

moms1978 Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Man Cave
    For an almost 40 year old car, I'd say it looks great!If that car was here in kentucky the floor pan would be non existent. Quarters here on these old steel cars will start to rust faster than you can wax. Looks like you might have some solid metal left to work with.

3. Bobo

Bobo Veteran Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Its good to see another guy like me with a small budget enjoying the hobby . Its even nicer to see your boy involved . Keep up the good work ..Youll get there .I can see your boy driving it to the prom some day ...

4. deputyrob

deputyrob Veteran Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Canal Fulton Ohio
    sweet!! it's comin along just fine.

5. motionwannabe

motionwannabe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

looking good. keep up the good work and god bless you for having him help you. i used to love helping my dad. it really brings back memories.20 years from now your son will be telling stories of what the two of you did. priceless memories

6. masparks

masparks Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Gas, Kansas
    The warrior gets a new look

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161230

Well it's time!! Taking the warrior to the body shop in the morning!! Ordered finders, deck lid, quarters for both sides. Still need to see how back the truck floor is,so I no what to order for it.

Put half down and the rest after. Also I can go help if I want. That way I can watch and learn!! Plus I might beable to work on it,when there busy on insurance work.

Told me it would take 6 to 8 months Man that's along time.

Were going with hugger orange w/ one bold stripe. Silver is what were thing about. The same silver as our truck is painted. I'm planing on having all chrome powder coated by my buddy. Black chrome or maybe see if we could match the silver with the powder??

Think I'll have lots of time to make my mind up on that!! Will take lots of pic's! I already wish it was done!!! lol!

I'm also going to go ahead and do the inside as well,seats carpet etc.

Enough rambling! I hope it dosen't turn into a night mare!!!

Keep your fingers crossed for us !!! lol!!!;)

7. olstyle

olstyle Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Crestwood IL.
    6-8 months don't sound to bad. She will come out nice ;)
    Sorry about the pole but glad everyone is ok :) the car can(will)be fixed.

8. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

Awesome Mark! You did get everything in writing correct so they don't keep asking for more money before any more work is completed??

8 months will fly by, you'll be cruisin soon!:cool:

9. slvrblt2

slvrblt2 Veteran Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Western NY
    POS?!......from the pics you posted it looks like it was in better shape than my 79Z when i bought it....i love the early 2nd gens, lookin good!

10. masparks

masparks Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Gas, Kansas
    Yes I did Laine. I'm sure once the quarters come off we may need to replace inner wheel wells.
    At least I have the extra cash set a side for the OH MANS!!!

Will try an keep the pictures coming maybe that will help the time go by faster! :bowtie: