RIP: George Morris - 1955 - 2016 - Orange71 Winter Projects

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Orange71, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Orange71

Orange71 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 31, 2001
    Finksburg, MD
    Headers are back!

Back from the powdercoaters. They're not quite flat and they're really smooth. I have work to do tomorrow! :happy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Keizer

Keizer BANNED

Jan 17, 2005
    Wa State
    The headers look great! What color is that?? Icey black?? :p

3. protour73

protour73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 21, 2006
    West of Chicago
    ROFLMAO......... those do look hot George, almost like Black Velvet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEZxtdesraU

Need daylight pics ;)

4. Orange71

Jan 31, 2001
    Finksburg, MD
    Now that's funny...you two are at it again huh!?!;) We'll go with black velvet...LOL!! Thanks guys...better pics after they're installed.

Edit next morning - thanks for that link Scott...I can't get that song out of my friggin head!!!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  5. Orange71

Jan 31, 2001
    Finksburg, MD
    Rear Sway Bar installed

As I mentioned in the previous post installing the rear sway bar kit is an easy straight forward bolt on. Once the mounts are installed the rest was that easy.
    The sway bar is adjustable with 5 settings. Talking with Dave (PTFB) he suggested that with my stiff rear leaf springs that I start with the softest setting and adjust from there as needed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. 1971BB427

1971BB427 Veteran Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Portland, Or.
    Very nice! Man that undercarriage looks like it never sees the road! Way too clean George!;)

7. protour73

protour73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 21, 2006
    West of Chicago
    George, have you given that undercarriage the "lick test" ??? Nice work!! :cool:

That sway bar setup is freaking trick as hell !!!!

8. Orange71

Jan 31, 2001
    Finksburg, MD
    Thanks guys!
    It takes a bit of maintenance to keep it looking like that but I don't mind doing it a few times a year. Can't say that I've ever licked it though...LOL!!

9. Keizer

Keizer BANNED

Jan 17, 2005
    Wa State
    Wow, that really looks good under there. The rear sway bar looks like it grew there. I must have missed it.......did you spray your exhaust system? If so, what did you use, and did you take it all the way out to spray it?

10. 72CamaroSS

72CamaroSS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Hey George. I only read the first page and then looked at the pictures, haha. But if you decide to get the headers ceramic coated I have a $25 discount coupon for JetHot. I got it when they did my intake and headers. It good if you spend over $200. Pm me your address if you want it.