Ridetech's new rear suspension

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by Zulu28, Oct 29, 2017.

1. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

They said yes to mini tubs

2. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Tampa, FL
    That's Good!, I wonder how they do it?

3. Zulu28

Zulu28 Veteran Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Vancouver, BC
    Yes, It appears to be a good solid system with a couple of question marks, the back seat could be made to look functional but that's all it would be, the lower link is the bigger question, here's a quote from RT's website - "Lower links mount to the front brackets and allow plenty of room for wide tires" ......well, I'm not sure what that means for those that are running 335's ! if you look close at the pics the lower link looks to angle inboard, I was just looking at mine and I can't see 335's or 315's working, if that's true why bother with mini tubs? this will be interesting to see how the Track 1 Camaro developes.

4. NOT A TA

NOT A TA Veteran Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Florida
    Looks like plenty of room for 335's to me. As for the oval hole through the pan, they supply a big rubber gasket that resembles a shifter boot.

5. Zulu28

Zulu28 Veteran Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Vancouver, BC
    Sure hope so, I like what I see so far!

6. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Tampa, FL
    That is what I was referring to earlier. If the Front Trailing Arm is outside the Frame Rail, Wide Wheels will come into contact ( I don't see a way to run 335s or 315s. I don't why anyone would put minitubs in if you can't advantage of them

7. Zulu28

Zulu28 Veteran Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Vancouver, BC
    If you look at the torque arm systems the lower link is outside the frame rail as well, DSE Quadralink is the same but slices the frame rail to move the lower link inboard, I'm don't know the actual dimensions of any of these systems but obviously they all work well with wider tires.

8. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 25, 1999
    San Jose, CA, USA
    LCA's are still to short to have correct geometry

9. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Tampa, FL
    not on the one I have on my car - the Trailing Arm is OffSet

10. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    The only benny I see is it's bolt on. The DSE Quadra link is a nice piece of work and having looked at Ride Tech stuff in the past (cough...Tiger Cage), I'm sure it's super expensive. The Quadra link really isn't that much money, just requires work to install it