Ridetech's new rear suspension

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by Zulu28, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Zulu28

Zulu28 Veteran Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Vancouver, BC
    Looks like Ridetech has come up with an all new design for the second gens, I've been interested in Ridetech products for a long time, the only question mark I had was the back seat area where the brace for the upper link attaches, this new design seems to address any cutting/welding of the frame rails as the new cradle attaches to factory leaf spring hard points.

http://www.ridetech.com/info/2017/10/new-products-sneak-peek-for-sema/

2. CaliCamaro75

CaliCamaro75 Veteran Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Winchester,CA
    That does look interesting. I was planning on doing a complete 4 link suspension from ridetech. But with a different set of shocks. But that's a long way out. Will have to keep an eye on this design. Thanks for the post.

3. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    Looks interesting, just wondering how much that complete system weighs vs the stock rear leaf setup.

4. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

More pics

Attached Files:

5. Zulu28

Zulu28 Veteran Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Vancouver, BC
    Thanks Bonzo, looks like no room for tail pipes??

6. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I don't think so.

Ride tech just posted a video on Facebook with more info

7. ProjectCam76

ProjectCam76 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 10, 2015
    Birmingham, Alabama
    With that new design would it strengthen frame too?

8. Da_Raabi

Da_Raabi Veteran Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Well that's all well and good until you go to put rear seats in the car. I guess this is a "race-only" system... Too bad because it seemed like a nifty/easy way to go to 4-link. One would think that concept would appeal to those who would use the rear seats, rather than full-time racers who fab a lot of their stuff anyway.

Seems like a strange intended market?

20171031_111415.jpg

9. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    This is from RideTech's article, they say you can run a full back seat: RideTech engineered a brace that bolts to both the bulkhead and the rear edge of the transmission tunnel while still allowing you to run a full back seat. Simple holes are drilled into the bulkhead without any welding of the unibody structure.

Maybe they mean you can run a full back seat with a little bit of fab work?

10. Da_Raabi

Da_Raabi Veteran Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Daytona Beach, FL
    I dunno... It sure looks like that back seat would be pretty uncomfortable with those big tubes sticking into your lower back.

It sure seems like a cool kit. Simple is the word. I'm just really curious how that rear seat would work.