Ricks (Ecklers) 70-73 Taillight Gaskets...........

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by 1971CamaroGuy, Feb 11, 2017.

1. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy Veteran Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Arkansas
    But to keep this thread positive, if anyone is looking for good parts at a great price look up Tamraz on ebay, I have had nothing but positive experience with them. They drop shipped a quarter panel and it came defective (see build thread) and immediately drop shipped a replacement and had the other one picked up at the same time. I have bought almost all of my panels from them and quite a bit of interior stuff. Great to deal with. They beat the shipped price of most of the big box venders on body panels, and will state what it is (AMD, Goodmark, legion). So you know what you are getting.

http://stores.ebay.com/Tamrazs-Parts-Discount-Warehouse

2. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

May 21, 2014
    Hutto, TX
    I've heard a few other members mention Tamraz. I'll have to look into them as well. Thanks for the info.

I agree with 1971CamaroGuy. If I change my mind or I make the mistake, it's on me and I'll own it. To penalize me with return shipping charges and/or a restocking fee for their mistake is a ripoff. The frustration for me is the lack of responsibility when it comes to vendors advertising their parts (pictures and descriptions) inaccurately. I'm relying on that info to make a purchasing decision. And yes, I've asked them to physically check the part before I place my order. Some do while others won't. Some say they'll check the part for a particular issue I tell them about before they ship it and then I get it and lo and behold, there's the issue (ex. RUST!). Others don't want to tell you the name of the manufacturer. LOL. Trade secrets.

If a vendor changes suppliers, what is so hard about verifying the new part to make sure the info on their website still matches? C'mon, it's not rocket science. Sounds to me like that should be a standard business practice. To do otherwise is just lazy, uncaring, and/or they don't want to spend the time or the money fixing the issue. Saying that they have too many parts to keep up with is just a plain BS excuse.

The idea of a complaint or heads-up thread is still a good idea. As 1971CamaroGuy pointed out, you'll still have to do a search. That's pretty much what you have to do now. So other than maybe having it all in one thread, is there any other advantage?

3. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    Hi,
    I am is sales, sort of, I will pitch play equipment from certain companies to our clients, because I prefer the way they install, however I don't work for anyone who sells car parts, and I agree that if you got something different from what you ordered or damaged you should not be charged to return. Suppliers that sell crap parts and say they are the best should be avoided and it would be fairly easy to put together a list , of this type of supplier so that people know to beware, and for great pricing on body parts and more, I use James at
    A2Z Vehicle Parts
    6500 River Place Blvd Building 7 Suite 250 Austin, TX 78730
    Phone: 800-814-3201
    He has been in the industry for a long time and knows all the players and the better part suppliers

4. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

May 21, 2014
    Hutto, TX
    ^Right in my neck of the woods. I'll check it out. Thanks for the info.

5. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    Rick's camaro among a few others will slap their own part number on stuff. I personally feel it's done to trick people and avoid the comparing of prices or matching people like me do. If I'm looking for a specific part I always check to see who's cheaper out the door and I can tell you most if not all time it's not Ecklers.

Also worth noting soft is very subjective. Are these OER seals not compressible? It's a hard argument imho. I have Trim Parts and mine seem ok.

Tamraz is a hit and miss. I just bought rear window trim and having problems with the corner pieces and I got "we've been selling this for 20 years without any issues"

Attached Files:

6. 70 Proof

70 Proof Veteran Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Southern Utah
    Re TAIL LIGHT GASKETS - Soft vs Hard
    I've tried both Metro and OER and Metro is definitely softer while OER gaskets are firm. I prefer the Metro.

7. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy Veteran Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Arkansas
    I have that same rear trim (bought from Tamraz) and it looks ok. It's def not the same shape as factory in the corners but I can live with it because at the time there wasn't anyone selling used rear trim (or wanted $$$$) and I wanted my rear to have the same sheen as the front anyways since it was new.

I had the glass guy install my trim when he put the glass in, so that might have made the difference for me as I didn't have to mess with them.

I also formed the shape of quarter to the new pieces in the bodywork stage prior to installing and that helped some

Pics of it (car is dusty, hadn't had a chance to clean it off)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]