Restoring 71 Camaro

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by HotRodGarage, Oct 5, 2017.

1. HotRodGarage

HotRodGarage New Member

Oct 5, 2017
    This particular set up will have a emergency reset/start button that when pressed turns off the alarm, resets the key fobs and can start the vehicle if certain steps are followed. Which we are putting in, in place of having it both key ignition and remote start.

Plus there is a engine start/stop button in place of the key ignition so as long as you can open the door (using the factory locks and keys) and press the emergency button to kill the alarm then you can start the vehicle when the keyfob is within 2meters due to it being RFID

2. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2017
    I'm no auto electrical engineer, but I know that I'd scrap the chinese system and buy one from a reputable company that has a customer service line to answer any questions you have. Especially if this is a customer car. Unless you want to 'live' with this car forever. I've heard horror stories about the failures of the crap systems on the market from leaving people stranded to wiring meltdowns.

3. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

May 19, 2000
    Los Angeles
    I wasn't going to say anything, but yeah... I have to agree with that.

Except for me stupidly running my key fob battery run down, I've never had a lick of trouble with my Advanced Keys system. And I've been running it since about 2011 I think... the thing is bulletproof once it's set up. And you never have to re-set it up if you disconnect the car battery or something. Once you go through the setup procedure for starting the car, it stores it in memory. It even comes with a factory Lexus engine start button, not some cheap "Ebay" POS.

https://advancedkeys.com/

It's an extremely well thought out system for the money. All sorts of security features, auxiliary circuits, etc... its not just for putting a push button start on the car.

I pretty much have my car set up to be "un-hot-wire-able". You just are not going to be able to steal it unless you tow it or push it.

Can't say anything about the customer service since I've never had to use it...lol... it just works like they advertise it.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017