Reproduction 70 nose in fiberglass ....ugh

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by Plant Engineer, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Plant Engineer

Plant Engineer Veteran Member

May 17, 2017
    Washington State
    To be fair they ( he ) did say they would require some work to get to fit properly.

2. Plant Engineer

May 17, 2017
    Washington State
    Not quite there yet. I need to work on the front surround a bit more. The top looks good and its all lined but front isnt as crisp as it needs to be.

[​IMG]

3. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Fit looks really good. Nice work.

4. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Athens, GA
    That final fit looks pretty good in the picture. Good work.

5. Bill70

Bill70 Veteran Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    Congratulations on making that nose fit your car, it looks good. I bought the same one and got blasted on this website for simply asking for help. My body guy wanted 8 hours labor to fit it. No amount of adjusting the front sheet metal would make up for the poor fit. I cut and re-glassed the top and added at least 1/4” filler on the bottom.

6. junky1

junky1 Veteran Member

Dec 22, 2011
    cocoa florida
    I would attend to the front header panel and trim where the grill goes fitting before I tried to square the hood to the header

7. Plant Engineer

May 17, 2017
    Washington State
    The nose is just roughed in right now for height. The front end has to come off in a few weeks to pull the engine out to correct a top end over oiling issue at high RPM. After that I'll get the front end back together and get everything aligned the way it needs to be. Painting is set for mid march so I have plenty of time to square it all up and do finish body work on the gaps and such.

Ive spent the last week on the passenger door which was a disaster. This a big old pile of aftermarket ill fitting Chinese parts on a 1979 Camaro so if I come out with a "straight enough" 10 foot paint job by the time I'm done I'll be happy.