removing factory ac unit for vintage air. is V/A as good as factory system?? ANY ONE done it????

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by QUAKE_WARS, Dec 2, 2017.

1. 71RS/SS396

71RS/SS396 Veteran Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Wake Forest NC
    If you use the ez-clip lines it's easier to feed the lines through. They have a smaller outside diameter and the hose is more flexible, the down side is they're more expensive.

John Wright likes this.
  2. hoppin5478

hoppin5478 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    With what you already have I would go with just the evap kit. That March set up looks really good, your compressor is down in about the same area mine sits with the LT1 factory brackets which makes routing the AC lines pretty easy. If you need a condenser still let me know and I'll see if I can find where I purchased mine from. I made some real simple brackets (copying what I saw from VA) and it fits really well and was a fraction of the cost of what they sell. It's smaller than the stock ones but my AC blows really cold even the the inter-cooler is in front of the condenser and pulling some hot air through.

ough.

I thought about using a bulkhead and I think it would have made it a lot easier to install plus if you ever have to service the lines it would be way easier. I fought to get the lines to do the 90 through the firewall and out the kick panel. It's really tight with both AC lines and heater lines but one benefit was I was able to hide the heater lines in the fender and clean up the engine bay a little.