Remnence of decals

Discussion in 'Detailing Topic' started by Damon23, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Damon23

Damon23 Veteran Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Georgia
    I bought my Excursion from a couple that owned a business. They put decals on the rear windows to advertise it. They peeled those off and had it detailed before selling it to me. I noticed the other day when we got our first frost you can see the outline of where the stickers were. Any way to get rid of that? You cant really see it any other time except when there is water or frost on it.

2. red78z

red78z Veteran Member

Sep 12, 2009
    pottsville,pa.
    try a blow dryer and a razor blade, i had the same thing happen on a camper i had did that and wiped w/ vinegar , hope it works for you

3. Damon23

Damon23 Veteran Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Georgia
    All the goo and sticky is gone. The glass is smooth and clean. It is like the rest of the glass is dirty or something.

4. PapaMike

PapaMike Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Dawson Creek, BC
    I run a detailing shop, and you have hit the head on the nail with your last comment.
    " It is like the rest of the glass is dirty or something"

The decals on the glass from the previous ower acted like protection to the elements... not much you can do about that...

5. harleymac

harleymac Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 9, 2010
    decatur il
    clay-bar the back glass

6. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
    ^+1

Clay bar.... Then follow with a fine cut polish and buffer over the whole window.

7. 70sbudget

70sbudget Veteran Member

Mar 21, 2008
    san diego

x2 and yes, claybar/heavy soap with xxxx steel wool the glass and buff it out.