Rear window reveal clips

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & Diagnosis' started by GPN, Sep 7, 2017.

1. GPN

GPN Veteran Member

Oct 5, 2016
    my reveal is loose in a couple spots (top right & left). I'm told I need new clips. My body guy will pit them on if I get clips. Does anyone know the part number(s)? 1979 Z28

2. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

Jul 20, 2014
    grand prairie tx.
    More than likely the studs that hold the clips on are broken off. I had a couple of my studs broken off and I was able to use a small long drill bit and drilled a new hole and used a small tip screwdriver and a sheet metal screw next to the original broken off clip stud and I did seal it up. I bought a box of those window clips from a local fastener store. My car is currently down the storage building with the box of clips in the trunk if I get down there tomorrow I will write the info down and post it. I know that all the camaro parts houses sell them but they will probably be over priced and charge you shipping.

3. GPN

GPN Veteran Member

Oct 5, 2016
    Interesting--thank you

4. 70 Proof

70 Proof Veteran Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Southern Utah
    wnmech is right. Several Camaro /GM parts vendors sell the moulding clips and screw in studs.

5. GPN

GPN Veteran Member

Oct 5, 2016
    Tnx

6. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

Jul 20, 2014
    grand prairie tx.

Attached Files:

BillyDean7173 likes this.
  7. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    Take the trim off and see what you have under there. The auto parts stores here sell those clips. Also, any auto parts store with body and paint supplies has them on the shelf. You can likely find a dozen places near you that have them. If, after you look, you find the studs broken, you have a much bigger problem. The studs break because they rust off, and often, that means the body channel under there is rusted too. If the channel is not rusted, you can buy special small screws that replace the studs.

8. GPN

GPN Veteran Member

Oct 5, 2016
    Thank you

9. GPN

GPN Veteran Member

Oct 5, 2016

10. GPN

GPN Veteran Member

Oct 5, 2016
    Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you