rear window moldings - Classic Industries

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by Steve's 74, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Steve's 74

Steve's 74 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Has anyone used the rear moldings in the Classic Industries catalog? While I'm replacing my rear glass I figured I would like some nice new moldings. $150 is cheaper than having it all straightened and re-anodized.

2. szalkuskt

szalkuskt Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Honolulu, Hawaii USA
    i am curious too. i want to buy straight ones and powder coat

3. Bossman

Bossman New Member

May 28, 2017
    Rather than ask the same question again I'll hop on this one.

Are the OER moldings any good for the front or rear windows? One review on Summit Racing gave them 1 star and said they were super thin and the hold down clips deformed the metal.

4. Steve's 74

Steve's 74 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    They are thinner than original. I didn't have any problem with the clips deforming the molding. I used new clips that I got at a local body/paint store. Been on the car for several years now. No problems.

5. Burd

Burd Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Detroit Mi
    I'm not sure who made them but I helped a bud swap the front ones out, they fit like crap, wrong radius, he sold them at a swap and left the OG ones ones.

6. Bossman

Bossman New Member

May 28, 2017
    Interesting. So hard to find feedback on this stuff even though places like Classic have feedback sections for parts.

7. flowjoe

flowjoe Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 7, 2006
    SoCal
    I have not used the repop 2nd gen reveal mouldings because I have used repop 1st gen reveal mouldings. They suck. They are all much thinner and do tend to deform. The radius of the "J" that is meant to catch the clip is wrong and doesn't hold properly. And, as stated above, they don't properly follow the line of the window opening. It's not just OER either, Corvex blows too. I'm not sure if anyone else is making the reveal mouldings so there may still be hope.

Bossman likes this.
  8. Burd

Burd Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Detroit Mi
    I just asked him, he doesn't remember who he got them from, alot of help he is, I remember he chipped his paint in the swap too. Lmao. He couldn't stop bit@hing.