Rear Exhaust Hangers

Discussion in '1974 Specific' started by 74z28TypeLT, Sep 5, 2015.

1. 74z28TypeLT

74z28TypeLT Veteran Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Manassas, VA
    I'm still working minor details on my '74 Z28 Type LT resto. One thing I never finalized was the rear exhaust hangers. These are the ones almost toward the end of the pipes at the very rear of the car, not the ones used for the mufflers.

I have the original bracket and rubber bushing, but the repro exhaust I purchased did not come with the bracket that goes from the pipe itself to the rubber bushing on the hanger. It appears from the assembly manual that he bracket is welded to the pipe, then hung from the rear exhaust hanger.

Does anyone know if these pieces are reproduced and could someone post a photo of their original or repro rear exhaust hanger, so maybe I could find something that comes close? Thanks for any help!

2. zfool

zfool Veteran Member

May 19, 2014
    Rochester, MN
    Heres the only photo I have, I'm not sure about availability

[​IMG]

3. 70-camaro

70-camaro Veteran Member

Mar 25, 2010
    marietta ohio
    You can find good originals on ebay. I got two that still had good rubber bushings in them. The ones I got from year one had the wrong bolt pattern and didn't line up like the GM one's.

4. 74z28TypeLT

Sep 5, 2009
    Manassas, VA
    Thanks for the photo. I could probably just make one based on this photo. It looks like a pretty simple piece.

5. dadgonebroke

dadgonebroke Veteran Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Kansas
    Joey Gray helped me with mine but I bought the complete exhaust system too.

6. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

Long time member, retired LEGENDS Judge, and previous owner of one
    of the BEST Survivor 70 Z-28's EVER !!!! JACK SEYMOUR is the man
    who reproduces (and sells to Joey, Gardner) all the 70'++ Camaro/Firebid exhaust hangars.......

I'll forward this thread to Jack and hopefully he will reply himself.............

7. jacsey 70Z

jacsey 70Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 22, 2000
    Davison, Mich, U.S.A.

Thanks Chuck!!

I do have all the muffler hanger pieces, but i don't have or sell the piece he's looking for, that goes from the tailpipe to the hanger.
    You would have to check with Joey Gray and see if he would be willing to sell just that part. Or find a old original you can cut off or fab one yourself .
    Jack

8. 74z28TypeLT

Sep 5, 2009
    Manassas, VA
    Thanks for the replies. I think my best option is to make them.