Rear end modification parts DSE

Discussion in 'Swap Meet Section' started by dave@ztech, Jun 17, 2019.

1. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

So I got a few parts that I may not use, and felt that someone might, you have to know what DSE sells to perhaps understand what I have, DSE offset shackles for the rear and the DSE spring pocket? for the front , DSE shocks for tubbed rear, the upper shock mount bar, and modified Caltracks for the DSE tubbed rear, these would be a little over $1,000 , looking for $600 OBO, let me know if you have questions . less then 1000 miles on parts
    Thanks

2. Tpichevy

Tpichevy Veteran Member

Pm sent

3. camaro71/holland

camaro71/holland Veteran Member

If it doesn't work out and you're willing to split, I'll be interested in the front and rear spring mounting setup.

dave@ztech likes this.
  4. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

You’ll need it all if you move the springs inboard
    Or else you won’t be able to mount shocks

5. dave@ztech

Or you will need some fab skills, they sell the upper spring mounts as a separate item on DSE site, and the Caltracs have the lower spring mount built onto it , you can however buy the lower spring mounts , also from DSE with the mounting point,

6. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

^ weird on what you can buy separate and what you can’t

7. dave@ztech

Yes it is , I can get anything I want however, have a guy, HAA HA

badazz81z28 likes this.
  8. camaro71/holland

camaro71/holland Veteran Member

Plan would be to move the stuff inboard, cut the existing upper mounts and reweld in the new position, use caltrak plates for lower mounting, then weld a bar between the frames for the shocks. Dunno, never done this before so I think I can do it....:crazy:

9. dave@ztech

I have the upper shock mount bar, however , it was cut ? removed to setup the 4 link system , I also have a couple of plates that are common to the two, 4 link, and leaf spring install , you can look at and down load the install instructions from DSE site , just go to what setup you are looking at , and you will see the download instructions , install , what you would be missing to do the mini tub install is that complete kit , $400 something , and the leaf springs , , the complete kits sells for $2200 , so if you have the springs , and good bushings , then you know what you will need to complete, and some fab skills , pretty strait forward, the caltracks are heavy and so if the upper shock bar , so I don't know if you would want that shipping to the Netherlands , the billet offset and the upper leaf things are not so bad , and will fit in a small box. well 10x 10 box