RE; BUYERS BEWARE OF THIS 1973 CAMARO

Discussion in 'Camaros for Sale' started by Mick S, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Mick S

Mick S New Member

Oct 22, 2017
    He could have saved me a lot of time and money if all he had to say was that it needed bodywork. I passed on a few good deals thinking this was going to be the one.

Keep me posted I may be interested, I’m from NorCal btw.

If I lost my cool I don’t think I would have made my flight home.

After I left he said he was going to do a respray and replace that uneven quarter panel..I guess putting more money into it then selling it was a better idea.

2. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    So you flew from Cali to MD for nothing. You should at least smear this guy on FB and the Local Craig's list where it is located. Did you ever get a look at the trim tag? Good hunting for the next one.

3. Da_Raabi

Da_Raabi Veteran Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Boy thats tough. I can't imagine plane tickets, hotel, etc were cheap. It's the risk you take, but it sounds like the guy really made you think the risk was minimal.

Like badazz said, if that's what you found in the first few minutes, imagine what you would find once you "got it home". An LS swap is a big job, can you imagine what the wiring must look like? etc etc etc.

On the flip side the pictures make it look like a decent car. If it had been advertised right I could see it bringing in decent money. I have no idea, but maybe a $15k driver? $30,000 though? I don't think so. I'd expect damn-near perfection for that price, and I'm not seeing that in the pictures.

It does sound like the guy felt bad "deep down" though. Hence the comments about no hard feelings if you don't want it. I think he knew exactly what he had, and knows exactly what you could not see. Oh well. I think you made the right decision.