rain rant

Discussion in 'Canadian Owners' started by camaro lover, Aug 9, 2015.

1. camaro lover

camaro lover Veteran Member

Dec 29, 2002
    Owen Sound, Ont, Canada
    I take the weekend off to go to a local car. usually 300 plus cars. the night before forecast says just some clouds for yesterday. get up that morning now it says 60 % chance of rain for the morning. so we decide to go a bit early. 5 minutes before we plan to head out the rain starts. stops after awhile and the road almost is totally dry. well guess what the rain starts again. on and on from 7.30 to 12 noon. finally clears so we decide to head out. the show runs from 9 thru 4. get there at 12.30 and guess what, lot is totally full and we were turned away. after all that plus the traffic was bumper to bumper at the beach. 15 minutes to get one block. thank god I upgraded the rad 2 years ago when I did the motor change. we only go to 2 big shows a year and both were lost to rain. sorry but needed to get that off my chest lol.

2. DavidH

DavidH Member

We went through the same thing yesterday, forecast on Saturday said cloudy with sunny breaks. Sunday morning it looks and feels like rain but we took a chance and went anyway. Get to the car show, get all set up and then it starts raining so we packed everything up and headed home :(

3. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
  4. camaro lover

Dec 29, 2002
    Owen Sound, Ont, Canada
    seems to be the way the year is going. didn't want to sit in the car for 4 hours while it rained either but come on weather cooperate sometimes. I know it could be worse.

5. david_396

david_396 Veteran Member

May 10, 2002
    Hanford CA
    Send all that rain out west here to California. We'll take all of it. Although right now is harvest time for tomatoes and almonds.

6. camaro lover

Dec 29, 2002
    Owen Sound, Ont, Canada
    well we could use a bit of it just not on car show days. California really could use it for sure.