Quicksilver shifter for console

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by Skip Fix, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Skip Fix

Skip Fix Veteran Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Katy,Texas
    Messing with one some today. So the slot to hit ratchet mode to straight gate is drive, yet going from park to the slot there are 4 clicks Park, reverse, neutral and extra one and Drive slot. So two reverses , two neutrals? Then in the slot in ratchet there are two down 2nd, 1st and one up-neutral, that could be a second neutral?

A total of 7 clicks for a 3 speed that should only have 6 total.

Factory shifter has a long Park so maybe 2 Park clicks?

2. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Athens, GA
    I have one in my car. I'm thinking it could be set up for use with a 700R4...but I didn't get into that since I'm still running a TH350. Mine works like it should've been an option from GM. No in between clicks or anything like that.

3. Skip Fix

Skip Fix Veteran Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Katy,Texas
    Still has the pin to make it for a 4 speed/OD.New out of the box.

Pop it in the slot for ratchet mode then pull it up and count how many clicks for me into park where it locks,then clicks back down to slot. The high Park click is real short so I'm almost thinking both first clicks are for park.

4. Skip Fix

Skip Fix Veteran Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Katy,Texas
    Figured my issue out put the selector lens on and the first two clicks are Park so for N you need the 4th click.
    Still seems weird to pick it up to R and then two separate clicks to lock in Park.

5. GoldenOne7710

Jun 23, 2004
    Athens, GA
    I honestly don't remember mine having that many clicks to get it to Park. Mine is about 20 miles away at the painter's or else I'd go shift thru it to tell you for definite.

Are you talking about ratcheting it all the way to Park? Or picking the shifter up (to bypass the gate) out of Drive and sliding it all the way to Park?

Nevermind...just re-read the OP. I swear I don't think mine has 4 clicks between Drive and Park.

6. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    I can lift mine and move it just a little an it’s between park and reverse. It acts like it’s in neutral but I pull back and it goes into reverse. With me, I think it’s just operator error.

7. Skip Fix

Skip Fix Veteran Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Katy,Texas
    No you have to pick it up out of drive and then pick up each time except the last 2 clicks.Not in ratchet mode the "straight" mode from D forward. Ratchet mode will go one click forward to neutral then stops.

8. GoldenOne7710

Jun 23, 2004
    Athens, GA
    I had one of the 1st design Quick Silver shifters before the one I have now. They made a few changes to them it seems. The 1st one I used...you could ratchet it all the way to park as long as it was in the gate mode...apparently it didn't have reverse lock-out. This newer model the only way to get it to Park is to lift (while in D) and slide it forward...that's what made me wonder if yours allowed you to ratchet all the way to Park.

I'm going over to piddle with mine this weekend and will definitely check it out and count the clicks.

9. Skip Fix

Skip Fix Veteran Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Katy,Texas
    I was trying to figure out what click was what to use the reverse light/ neutral/park switches to line up correctly.