Question - Good Guys Car Show and 73 up models

Discussion in 'Camaro Event Schedules & Locations' started by Smokin'Joe, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Texas
    Good Guys has a 1972 cutoff, which I do not agree with. I know there are a lot of very nice 73-81 cars that would fit right in at the show.

For one was thinking of showing up in a 73'ish model, can anyone elaborate how diligent they are at checking the year ?

If for example, someone showed up in a 73 Mustang or 74 Nova and wrote 1972 in the box, would they turn you away ? Are they checking VIN's, Taillights, etc ?

I'm not suggesting trying to sneak in a 3rd Gen, just wondering for something like a 73 Camaro, Mustang, Nova, Javelin, or Challenger which is virtually identical to the '72, would they turn you away.

--

2. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

Feb 1, 2007
    South Park Pa
    I've been going to Good Guys Columbus for years and there is always a bunch of 73s and newer cars there. Just think u can't win any awards with one. I've even seen pictures of the newer cars in there own magazine from Friday or Saturday and not from there late model Sundays. If my 73s finished for July im taking it

3. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Texas
    Thanks Bill. I've been to a few of the Good Guys shows as spectator, but not as a entrant. - I never really paid that close attention to the years of the cars on display.

Thanks for the reply !

--