question for guys with lifts in your shop

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by 5spd540, Apr 4, 2014.

1. OsborneConst

OsborneConst Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Yeah,the pic is pretty bad. It's the only one I have with a truck on it. That was while the shop was still being built,and I just had temporary lighting hanging from the ceiling, which is what is glaring at the top. It will go another 12-18 inches higher. The 12' works, for the few times a year I need to pull a trans, or equivelant. 14' would definitely be better if you use it very often with big trucks, or if you are taller than me. However I would much rather have to squat an inch or two (stand with legs spread farther apart than normal) to get a specific task done very occasionally than to lay on my back!
  2. garyandcindy

garyandcindy Veteran Member

Oct 20, 2004
    My shop is 30x30 with 10 foot walls.I had my trusses made with a raised section it the middle.Sorta like a tray ceiling.I went from center 9' each way with the this section raised 3' then sloped down.I have a 18' long by 13' high section in the middle.I can raise my Tahoe all the way up.I bought a bend pak 10,000 pound lift.Everything lifts with no problems.I still have the truss drawings if you want to take a look at what I had made?I have have them on my computer if you'd like me to email them to you.Just send me a pm.