question for guys with lifts in your shop

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by 5spd540, Apr 4, 2014.

1. OsborneConst

OsborneConst Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Yeah,the pic is pretty bad. It's the only one I have with a truck on it. That was while the shop was still being built,and I just had temporary lighting hanging from the ceiling, which is what is glaring at the top. It will go another 12-18 inches higher. The 12' works, for the few times a year I need to pull a trans, or equivelant. 14' would definitely be better if you use it very often with big trucks, or if you are taller than me. However I would much rather have to squat an inch or two (stand with legs spread farther apart than normal) to get a specific task done very occasionally than to lay on my back!

2. garyandcindy

garyandcindy Veteran Member

Oct 20, 2004
    cumming,ga-usa
    My shop is 30x30 with 10 foot walls.I had my trusses made with a raised section it the middle.Sorta like a tray ceiling.I went from center 9' each way with the this section raised 3' then sloped down.I have a 18' long by 13' high section in the middle.I can raise my Tahoe all the way up.I bought a bend pak 10,000 pound lift.Everything lifts with no problems.I still have the truss drawings if you want to take a look at what I had made?I have have them on my computer if you'd like me to email them to you.Just send me a pm.