Quarter Panels

Discussion in 'Ground Up' started by bfmgoalie, Jun 29, 2012.

1. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

About two months ago, I purchased two full quarter panels for my '73. Yesterday, the resto company I'm using pinned them up to the car for an intial fit and they were very surprised at the accuracy, fit, lines, etc of both panels. They stated they normally don't get quality like that no matter where they have purchased them in the past.

Good stuff!

2. krabben1

krabben1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 16, 2007
    ( . Y . )Delco
    Who's were they?New AMD,or the older stamping?

3. CDesperado

CDesperado Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Im curious about that too... the new AMD panels are supposed to be rolled out this summer, but I dont think they are available yet. It's good to hear someone having a good experience though!

4. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

Honestly can't answer that question. The resto shop suggested I order from Ground Up and so I did. I went over the other day to take a look and they explained to me problems they have experienced ordering the same product from different companies. They are very pleased with the product.

I have no experience doing body work....well, I did it once and that's why I now have experts doing it.;)

5. Jdellinger1999

Jdellinger1999 Member

Sep 24, 2012
    spring valley Il.
    I need quarters for my 72 were were these quarters from?

6. BUSHY 409

BUSHY 409 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Acworth GA.
    I see you have 950 -3 bbl on your car ,, I had 1 on A 430 cid 409 what beast !!