Putting car in the air - 4 jackstands

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by gadrix, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Keizer

Keizer BANNED

Jan 17, 2005
    Wa State
    Yeah, I'm wiping the sweat from my brow. And, with the money I saved not having to buy the 48volt motorized chair, I can invest in a new spoiler for the front of my Camaro.

2. Marks71BB

Marks71BB Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

or maybee some more 2 X 4's? lol lol

3. Keizer

Keizer BANNED

Jan 17, 2005
    Wa State
    :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

4. -=79z28=-

-=79z28=- Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    could someone tell me the story behind the "maliboosters"

5. li0nhart123

li0nhart123 Veteran Member

Jan 20, 2008
    British Columbia
    guess so...my neighbor two houses down in the last town I lived in wasn't so lucky....crushed his chest and suffocated

I just don't understand why you would put mucho dollars into your car....have a decent shop with a nice level and dry concrete floor to work off of and then go and block your car up with cheap, scrap dimensional lumber and misplaced jackstands.

to make that whole system safe, all you would have had to do was move the two jackstands holding your axle to under the front subframe.

6. Marks71BB

:confused: It looks fine to me li0nhart,
    dont be so critical of something when you dont have it first hand. did ya spot the wheel under Keizers car? I would trust it with stands under the axles OR the body and he's got BOTH.

You are allowed to be paranoid if you wish.

7. Keizer

Keizer BANNED

Jan 17, 2005
    Wa State
    That's the whole reason I can't figure out why he is coming down on my set up. You could take the stands out from under the axel, and the ones under the frame would hold the car fine. You could take the stands out from under the frame, and the ones under the axel would hold fine. The blocks were in no way holding the car up. They were a 3rd means of protection. They were set up under the frame rails just for peace of mind. And yes, I always throw a spare tire under there too.

I was trying to avoid explaining myself, but sometimes I guess it is just necessary.

8. Marks71BB

No splainin needed Doug. lol

9. li0nhart123

li0nhart123 Veteran Member

Jan 20, 2008
    British Columbia
    All sarcasm aside....

...nevermind

funny, i got a similar response when i mentioned to a guy that he needed a proper helmet and lense when he was welding with 1/8 7018 rod using oxy acetylene googles with a number 6 filter.

time and time again...the person pointing out the potential problem always ends up being the "bad guy"

after a while...you just shake your head.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  10. Keizer

Keizer BANNED

Jan 17, 2005
    Wa State
    Well, I can appreciate your concern for my well being. The fact of the matter is, I have been blocking my cars like that for years, and am here typing to tell you about it. I will continue to block my cars like that, and will continue to live to tell people about it.

I'm afraid it has come down to us having to agree to disagree on proper blocking techniques. You do it your way, and I will do it mine.

By the way, you could always float me a couple grand for a proper lift.....then you could sleep better at night....huh? ;)