Putting car in the air - 4 jackstands

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by gadrix, Feb 3, 2008.

1. li0nhart123

li0nhart123 Veteran Member

Jan 20, 2008
    British Columbia
    Cripes!!!.....Jeezus.... You have to be kidding!!!...I wouldn't crawl under that. the only real support you have are the jackstands under your rear subframe...those loose blocks and jackstands under your axles do not count.

Maybe they are already there....I just can't tell from the picture though...If not then you need to add two more jackstands under your front subframe to make that stable. Never trust jackstands placed under flexible suspension components like axles and a - arms. Jackstands are meant to be palced under ridged components.

Jackstands also like to be level...if your front tires are on the ground and the rear is up on stands, there is a chance that the jackstands can slip as well.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  2. darryl

darryl Veteran Member

Jan 22, 2002
    chicago[area]
    for driving up car ramps.i drilled a hole at the bottom of the ramp where the tires rolls up on and got some thick nylon tow rope at tied it thru the hole then cut the rope the length from the ramp at my front tire to bout a foot past the rear tire.did this for both sides.so now when the front tires go up the ramps the back tires are on the rope and the weight of the car holds the ramps from slipping out

3. kenny77

kenny77 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Wow...........I just now noticed that he chocked the rear wheels for safety!!

4. Keizer

Keizer BANNED

Jan 17, 2005
    Wa State
    Pussy!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  5. Bigdog

Bigdog Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Lake Jackson, Tx.
    Just make sure you get the correct year models, otherwise they will not line up correctly.

6. David Hartley

David Hartley Veteran Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Glen St. Mary, Fl.
    Is that guy welding right by the fuel tank?:eek:

7. protour73

protour73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 21, 2006
    West of Chicago
    bwahahahahahahahahaha;)

8. li0nhart123

li0nhart123 Veteran Member

Jan 20, 2008
    British Columbia
    Let me know how it works out...wheeling around in your chair that is...if you are real lucky, maybe your insurance will buy you a 48volt motorized one...ya know....the one you can operate with your tongue..;)

9. Keizer

Keizer BANNED

Jan 17, 2005
    Wa State
    Cars back on the ground. Guess I lucked out on that one. :confused:

10. Marks71BB

Marks71BB Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Man, that was a close call wasnt it? :confused: Bwahahaha