Protour73 progress pics

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by protour73, Feb 19, 2008.

1. protour73

protour73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 21, 2006
    West of Chicago
    Here I go again............

You know, it's never ever ever done is it!!

So in an effort to make it easier to get the most accurate tune with my new Pro Systems carb and wanting the maximum out of it from idle to being on the road driving, I got the ultimate tuning tool.

A wideband O2 sensor from Innovate Motorsports http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/ It comes with a Bosch sensor, the gauge with black and silver changeable bezels and black and white changeable gauge faces, 1" bung , and 6 ft. of sensor cable.

[​IMG]

I bought new collectors from Hooker with the collector rings welded to the reducer - Hooker part# 11040, had a local muffler shop weld the bung on the the drivers side collector, and shot them with VHT's Flame Proof header paint.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I installed the collectors, drilled a hole in the side of the shifter hump, ran the sensor cable through a double grommet - under the carpet to the front of the console.

According to the instructions - I had the bung welded on between the 10 & 2 o'clock postion (per instructions), I opted for the 2 o'clock position so that the sensor would lean in towards the trans for better cable routing.
    [​IMG]

Looking straight up from the drivers side of the exhaust
    [​IMG]

I covered the face of the console with real Carbon Fiber vaneer ( http://www.dragonplate.com/ecart/categories.asp?cID=77 ) in a matte finish and installed the Gauge. I saved the other side of the console face for a phone/MP3 player mount.
    [​IMG]

This is what the gauge shows until the sensor heats up to temp and starts reading the air/fuel mixture.
    [​IMG]

2. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Central Illinois
  3. Keizer

Keizer BANNED

Jan 17, 2005
    Wa State
    That's pretty cool.

Reading through your description, I kept having visions of Beevus and Butthead. "A-hehahehaheha, he said Bung!"

4. Orange71

Orange71 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 31, 2001
    Finksburg, MD
  5. gordonquixote

gordonquixote Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Tallahassee, FL
  6. green 1977

green 1977 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 18, 2003
    On Wisconsin!
    Very nice Scotty

LOL@ Doug

7. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Rustburg, Va
    Very nice install Scott.....did you get the pocket logger that goes with that too? Curious to see some data that it collects.

8. protour73

protour73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 21, 2006
    West of Chicago
    The Logger is an additional plug-in for $99. I'm not into logging yet, but that would be the next logical step. The gauge/sensor comes with a program to capture info on a laptop. Not sure if it reads just live info or if it can be saved (logged) as it is read. I need to make a call to Innovate Motorsports to ask them.

9. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Rustburg, Va
    What happened to your avi?.....I liked the one you had yesterday(Santa sitting on the chimney)

10. gordonquixote

gordonquixote Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Tallahassee, FL
    My guess is that spending $ on his car this close to the holidays.....he didn't want his old avatar to become a reality. :D