Proportioning Valve and Exhaust Y-Pipe

Discussion in '1977 Z28' started by Zcarman, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Zcarman

Zcarman New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Street, Maryland
    Looking for original Bendix 0411, 007 brake proportioning valve and y-pipe between catalytic converter and mufflers. Threads stripped on original proportioning valve when I was tightening brake line. I have not been able to locate y-pipe. Purchased new mufflers and tailpipes from Walker. They do not repro y-pipe. Want to maintain original looks. Any recommendations? If not available I will prefab y-pipe and use modern proportioning valve.

2. Plater Tom

Plater Tom Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2003
    Mt Pleasant, Pa. USA
    Hello, Have you found a Y-Pipe yet? Tom

3. severum17

severum17 New Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Chicago area
    Dont worry about it. (y pipe) Leave it off and put true duals on it. I am an original owner and my y pipe has been in the basement for about 37 years now. No, I dont want to sell it but there is no need for it. JMHO

4. Mark80Z28

Mark80Z28 Veteran Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Ohio
    Last I knew, there was a repro available for the Y pipe. Have you tried NPD or Classic Industries? The one on my car was missing when I bought it years ago and I was able to order a replacement at the local parts store. But again, that was a long time ago.

5. Y-pipe should be available as a Walker Exhaust part, provided the rest of the exhaust system is OE still.
    For the Prop Valve, IIRC there are some CPP or other companies prob valves that work for the Brake system, but do not look correct in terms of restoration.

6. Zcarman

Zcarman New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Street, Maryland
    Thanks for everyone's feedback. Ended up having Y pipe and 4 bolt catalytic converter flange made. Did purchase after market Prop valve.

7. pictures or it didn't happen :D