Project "I must be Insane"

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 76 for 26, Sep 1, 2017.

1. 76 for 26

76 for 26 New Member

Dec 29, 2015
    NC
    Well, after lurking around for 5 or so years, I finally joined the forum back in 2015 when I had owned my 76 for 26 years and was getting ready to start tearing her apart. The project was placed on hold for almost two years and now it's time to you know what or get off the toilet. I have it tore down and am making a game plan on how to attack the metalwork. The car is in rough shape in the rear, but the front and roof are in good shape. Some think I'm crazy for taking this project on (needs new floor and trunk pans, new toe pan section, two new quarters, all new inner/outer rockers, new left side inner wheel well, rear trunk panel, and rear frame rails), but I have had the car since I was 14 (purchase with bean riding/walking and hay baling money) and can't let it go. She served me well all those years and transported be from MN to NM several times without any problems. I'll post some picture as soon as I read up on the process. I noticed that a certain company messed things up and a lot the reference pictures on the site are now gone....vary sad. First step I think I need to do is build a jig. Think I may start in the front with the toe panel area and work my way back (solid metal to weld on). Wish me luck and I look forward to any advice. Seeing what you guys have done has given me drive to take this on.

2. wiseryder

wiseryder Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 11, 2004
    belding,mi USA
    Plenty of knowledge here,
    Welcome, and Were all insane!

FermentedSpirit likes this.
  3. 76 for 26

76 for 26 New Member

Dec 29, 2015
    NC
    Here is a picture I took just prior to tearing it apart. Unfortunately IMG_1134.JPG , this is the good side.

4. 76 for 26

76 for 26 New Member

Dec 29, 2015
    NC
    Sorry for the odd picture insert...will figure out how to properly post pictures.

5. wiseryder

wiseryder Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 11, 2004
    belding,mi USA
    Nice shop!! Hoist?

6. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

Oct 11, 2015
    North Bay, CA
    Welcome to the site. Great looking shop, what are you going to do with all the room? Ha

7. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    Huge garage. Where's the beer cooler? and Pic's of Cars and Bikini Girls?

8. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    Not a bad looking car. From your description, I was expecting to see a rusted out car. How big is your shop?

9. Chuck71RS

Chuck71RS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Plenty of room for an additional Camaro project

brooksman9 likes this.
  10. Jared77

Jared77 New Member

Sep 2, 2017
    very nice clean shop, good luck with building it.