Project Girasol

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Da-bigguy, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX

Until yesterday, I did have two Camaros shoved in there and there was virtually no room to work. I've got my 77 Midget in there now but it is such a small little car I've still got room to work now, plus we can use the garage door entrance into the house now!

2. cubangt

cubangt Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Katy, Tx
    Ill see if i can get out to the garage tomorrow and take a pic, i have so much stuff in the garage, you cant even see my 2nd camaro in there unless you walk in from the house..

3. 70camaro4sho

70camaro4sho Veteran Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Looking good buddy hope the rear glass works out for ya! Keep in touch

4. K5JMP

K5JMP Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

why remove it?
    is it so bad it can't be certified?

5. Da-bigguy

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    Thanks! I did notice when I got home that there was some wear in it, some grooves worn along the top on either side and some along the bottom. That is probably from the trim over the years but I don't think it will be an issue for me! As I mentioned, this car will be for driving and doesn't have to be showroom perfect!

6. Da-bigguy

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    The car is going to be a daily driver for me and that means at certain times, I will need to seat four people in it. I also have no intention of racing it, its just for fun on the street so I think the roll cage will be more of a problem than assistance. I need to get into it and take a good close look at how it is attached. It may not have been properly installed to begin with.

7. Da-bigguy

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    The great parts quest commences!

I picked up the following today, original 70-23 rear window glass and front bumper!

[​IMG][/URL]

8. K5JMP

K5JMP Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

four grown adults in a 2nd gen is painful with/without a roll cage...:D

9. Da-bigguy

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    True, but for the next few years, the rear passengers will be my two little girls so a bit better for them!

I remember hauling around people in my first 71, way back when I was 18 and craming a total of five people in the car! The guy stuck sitting on the hump in the back really didn't like it, particularly one road trip when my rear leaf springs were broken so the ride was pretty rough!

10. phinamag

phinamag Veteran Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Susanville, CA
    It deffinately is Really crowded! I just went to lunch with 3 friends and were all around 6 foot!