Project Girasol

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Da-bigguy, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX

I will do that right now, thanks for reminding me about the swap meet section! I've already got a listing in the parts wanted for a 1971 original side mirror.

2. Da-bigguy

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    A hint of progress!

I have a guy coming buy tomorrow to pick up the old chassis sitting in my garage so with luck by tomorrow afternoon I can start working on new chassis, removing the roll cage and getting it ready to get the bodywork finished!

Woohoo!!!!

3. K5JMP

K5JMP Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

project sunflower... :rolleyes:
    ur screwed buddy...
    I'll beat ya to death on that one...lol

BTW.. that neighborhood looks like Baytown or maybe Deer Park...
    shells and concrete...

either way, for sheetmetal, you cut it apart, burn it back together again and pray it all lines up:)

BTW.. a cage ain't a necessarily bad thing. it has saved the life of a couple members here...
    just sayin'

keep on rockin' "sunflower"... lol:crazy:

4. Da-bigguy

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    That's why I named it Project Girasol! The name is because the car is going to be the original Sunflower yellow that my first Camaro was, way back in the day! I can still remember the day my dad brought the car home brand new and how hit looked under the streetlight in front of our house! I've always liked that colour and it will remind me of my father as he drove the car for years and I learned to drive in it.

Nope, not Baytown or Deer Park. It's in Northwest, near the Cypress-Fairbanks area.

5. Da-bigguy

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    I agree, the cage isn't a bad thing but for my purposes, it will get in the way as the car will be a daily driver and will have to seat four people on occaison. Albeit a daily driver with serious attitude when it is done!! :D

6. cubangt

cubangt Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Katy, Tx
    Looks like a good build.. Good luck.. and keep the pics coming.. everyone loves pics on here..

7. Da-bigguy

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    Thanks, I'm starting to make some progress, I've got someone coming tomorrow to buy the first chassis I bought about 7yrs ago off me so then I will be able to get into the new one and get some work done which will of course involve lots of pics!

8. Da-bigguy

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    Now I can start making some progress!

I sold the original chassis I bought so now I have room to work. Next step will be to remove the roll cage and then find a body shop to shave the handles, locks and get it painted!

[​IMG]

9. Da-bigguy

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    My next step is to remove the roll cage. Is it worth it to try and remove more or less intact so I can try to sell it or just cut it up and scrap it? Has anyone tried removing one before and if so, any tips?

10. cubangt

cubangt Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Katy, Tx
    ================
    Man wish i had that much space to work on mine.. i have 2 camaros shoved in my garage, makes for very little work/ walking space, everything has to be done out in the driveway then put back up when im done for the next time.