Project Girasol

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Da-bigguy, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    That would be nice but I suspect it is more likely a PO put this one in for some silly reason.

2. Cool build. If you need help or welding help let me know. When your done can we work something out to where i can use your rotisserie?

3. Da-bigguy

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    Thanks! That would be great. I'm beginning to suspect there is going to be a lot more welding required than I originally thought, as I prep the car for blasting so I may just need to take you up on your offer!

We can certainly work out something for you to use my rotisserie when I'm done with it.

4. Budjet drain

Budjet drain Member

Dec 3, 2016
    Wallisville TX
    Very cool project! Looks like you been working on this one for a while. I will be adding you to my watch list, keep up the good work.

Da-bigguy likes this.
  5. Da-bigguy

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    Thanks, this project has been on the go for over 10 years! Hopefully it won't take me another 10 years to get it finished!

6. 72Heaven

72Heaven Veteran Member

Jun 4, 1999
    Topeka,KS,USA
    The trim tag isn't a mistake, they just didn't indicate anything about the engine size/type in that upper number. Now they could tell you about the options that resulted in certain engines being required, but base cars all got the "V8" tag. Nothing wrong. Why GM/Fisher did that I don't know, but yours isn't a mistake, or swapped.

7. 68400BIRD

68400BIRD Veteran Member

Feb 7, 2006
    GO PACK GO
    I put full insurance on my last two cars. Once I started paying that bill it kicked me in the but to get the car on the road.

8. Da-bigguy

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    Thanks for the info, I had never heard about that. Good to know there wasn't something fishy going on that could bite me in the b**t later down the road!

9. Da-bigguy

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    I can imagine that would get you motivated to get the car finished off! I may have to look into that myself! Another motivator is I need to get my MG Midget out of the weather, it is definitely looking worse for wear! I need to get it into the garage and start fixing it.

10. hoppin5478

hoppin5478 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    Looks like your getting to the point where it'll start coming together quickly for you. Looking good!