Project Deadpool

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 70Chev, Jan 1, 2015.

1. jester0618

jester0618 Veteran Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Bryan, OH
    Looking nice! I've used AAW on two past projects and except for some of the crimping (wrong tool, my fault) it was perfect.

2. NeoNeuro

NeoNeuro Veteran Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Panama City, FL
    I bought the same kit. You will not regret that decision. Having modern wiring is soooo nice!

3. NeoNeuro

NeoNeuro Veteran Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Panama City, FL
    I would really like to see some pics of that. Did you use the factory motor?

4. 70Chev

70Chev Veteran Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi Neo,

Sorry mate, only just saw your message as I don't check in here that often. So, I've attached a couple of photos of the change. Hope it helps. Yes, I used the factory wiper motor. Just had to modify the linkage that drives the wipers.
    Wiper Relocation 2.JPG
    Wiper Relocation 4.JPG
    Wiper Relocation 6.JPG
    Wiper Relocation 8.JPG

Wiper Relocation 9.JPG

Firewall 2.JPG

Wiper Relocation 10.JPG

Hope this helps.

Darren

Attached Files:

5. 70Chev

70Chev Veteran Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    So, got to another important part of the reassembly on the weekend. Got all of the side window weatherseal channels installed along with the weatherseals, window regulators reconditioned and installed, all inner door components including window channels, lock rods and clips etc fitted. Stripped all internal door parts, repaired and repainted. All new side window glass and glass hardware, new window sweeps etc. Greased everything up, which was such a shame after cleaning and painting and so on, then finally installed the driver's window.

Driver window.jpg

Driver window1.jpg

I know it might seem like a small task, but for you guys who have done this, you'll know how much is involved. It took ages to get everything ready and the small stuff is really time consuming. Once the window was in, I was amazed at how solid the window now is. It rolls up and down really well, and doesn't rattle (yay) when I close the door. I haven't yet adjusted it in the up position, but one thing at a time.

Thanks for checking in.

Darren

zeventy128 likes this.
  6. 70Chev

70Chev Veteran Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    So, another milestone reached yesterday. Started the engine for the first time in 2 and a half years. I did a cam swap and fitted some new valve springs and roller rockers and have been slowly reassembling the engine and accessories over the last couple of weeks. Lots of planning and making sure everything was right before we attempted to start it.

Yesterday morning, hooked the battery up, flicked the switch and pressed the button and after a while, it fired up and ran great. Had to adjust the timing only about 5 degrees and all good. What amazed me was, so far no leaks or troubles. I guess it's all the planning and pre-work that goes into this that creates a good result on start up.

I love the sound of the car now with the new cam. Just need to fix an exhaust leak at the collectors, but otherwise it appears all is well. Need to tidy up the ignition leads, wiring etc.

Engine bay 1.jpg

Engine bay.jpg

I used the GM hotcam kit and all went well with the fit etc. I love the way it sounds. Am trying to post a video, but not having any luck. Will keep trying.

Thanks for checking in.

Darren

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  7. Turbo70Camaro

Turbo70Camaro Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 7, 2005
    so cal
    congratulations bud looks good.......

8. 70Chev

70Chev Veteran Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Fitted the passenger window, window sweep etc tonight and am happy with the way it went in.

Pass Window.jpg

Paww window 1.jpg

Thanks for checking in.

Darren

9. MAS 72

MAS 72 New Member

Jul 1, 2017
    Where did you find the weather seals for the side windows?

10. 70Chev

70Chev Veteran Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi Mas. I ordered them from Classic Industries.

MAS 72 likes this.