Project Deadpool

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 70Chev, Jan 1, 2015.

1. FatnLow

FatnLow Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Montgomery, AL US
    Very nice!! Great job on the seat recover also!

2. 70Chev

70Chev Veteran Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Little Update.

I've been slowly assembling the car. Brake system in and filled with fluid, but not yet bled, fuel tank in, door handles, locks and bullet mirrors on etc. Also had some of my engine parts painted to go with the Deadpool colour scheme. Some photos below. I'm really happy with the way the car is coming together.

Assy 1.jpg Assy 2.jpg Assy 3.jpg Assy 4.jpg

Thanks for checking in.

Darren

3. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

Oct 11, 2015
    North Bay, CA
    Wow great looking project. Love the color. Very clean engine compartment, where did you hide all the wiring?

4. hoppin5478

hoppin5478 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    Looks awesome, I really like the color on the intake/valve covers as well. You getting really close and should be enjoying it soon.

5. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    Wow!! Darren that car looks unbelievable. You should have it ready to pull out of the garage in a couple of months.

6. 70Chev

70Chev Veteran Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Thanks for the comments guys. Hornet, I haven't fitted the engine bay wiring yet, but plan to run it all hidden between inner and outer fenders, under the radiator support panel etc. I relocated the wiper motor to in behind the driver's fender so that is taken car of as well.

7. zeventy128

zeventy128 New Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Queensland
    Wow Darren, it's looking so different to when you first emailed me the pictures a couple years back! Very keen to pick your brains about a few things now that you've made the leap before me :) Looking awesome, I bet you can't wait to finish the interior now!

8. 70Chev

70Chev Veteran Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hey Mate,

Yes, made lots of progress, but it has taken some time, longer than I would have liked. I have lots of photos of the build and happy to answer any questions or generally have a chat about progress. If you're comfortable, PM me your number and I'll give you a call.

Darren

9. 70Chev

70Chev Veteran Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    A quick update on progress. Brakes are bled, fuel tank is in and fuel lines have been fitted and are complete. Re-kitted the Holley carb and put it back on the engine.

Have been fitting new rollers and other hardware to my new side windows which is fun as the factory diagrams are not that great and there are about 7,000 pieces (I exagerate a bit).

Have received and fitted my March serpentine pulley system. Don't you just love it when a part arrives, is a quality piece and fits up with no hassle.

serp drive 1.jpg

serp drive 4.jpg

serp drive 2.jpg

serp drive 5.jpg

Went to reinstall the original wiring into the car, but a buddy of mine had a look at it with me and he talked me into not installing 40 odd year old hacked up wiring back into the car. So, next it's on to this.

AAW kit.jpg
    I've also painted the headers and once I've got the engine bay wiring in place, I'll fit those up.

Thanks for checking in.

Darren

10. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    That engine is looking really sharp!