Project code name - Never Satisfied

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 1981LT1, Jan 7, 2017.

Shaved Door Handles?

Poll closed Oct 16, 2017.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    1971 Camaro painted.JPG Thanks, I like red , just couldn't find the red that i have pictured in my mind , so I found a blue that was better then I could picture !! HAA HA

2. 70Chev

70Chev Veteran Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Wow Dave. That is a spectacular colour.

3. dave@ztech

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    Thanks, and I am so sorry to be posting on such a great build site ,Never Satisfied ,I just wanted to show that I too had made progress, I will knock it off , and start my own build site to detail, the start to finish, I just wanted to do it all at once, and just got a little too excited, and jumped the gun, so sorry for that, and thanks !!

4. 1981LT1

1981LT1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 15, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx, USA
    You're fine. I am going to ask if you have the paint code or mix ratios. I'm thinking of going with blue and your color is awesome.

5. dave@ztech

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    Hi,
    Yes I do have the mix ratios , I just need to find them HA HA
    here they are

Attached Files:

6. 1981LT1

Dec 15, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx, USA
    I finally got my firewall roughed in and ready for filler primer. I still need to cut the hole for the relocated wiper motor but that's the easy part. The keen observers will notice I welded up all of the screw holes and got rid of the ripples in the trans tunnel that really bothered me. Now that the firewall is smoothed out and bodywork is pretty much done, I plan on test fitting the engine and all of the bolt on parts this weekend to make sure everything fits, and then I can send the engine out to the machine shop in the next couple of weeks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Scott51

Scott51 Veteran Member

Jan 2, 2012
    New Zealand
    Careful your filler doesn’t get too thick, the firewall gets a pretty rough time with all the heat cycling, chemicals, fumes and vibration. Would hate to see it it crack and pop after driving for a while

8. 1981LT1

Dec 15, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx, USA
    Since I cutout basically everything from the passenger side to the wiper motor and welded in flat sheet metal, the filler is only concentrated on the welded areas. With that said, it's no thicker than 1/4" in some spots so hopefully it holds up. That would definitely ruin a day if I find a crack after its been painted and driven for a little while.

9. dave@ztech

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    Yes that would be bad, hopefully there will be no problems!! Nice work! Wish I could weld !!

10. 1981LT1

Dec 15, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx, USA
    I started test fitting the engine today to make sure all of the parts fit like they are supposed to. As always, I ran into a couple of snags. Since I chose to go with the low mount AC compressor, I am going to have to notch the crossmember more than I already have. Since I originally had an LT1, I thought it would fit, but no dice. I am going to have to remove the motor mount and cut some more out and then box it in again. I am happy to find that the oil pan has plenty of clearance. It's too bad I had to put all of these nice shiny new parts on such a grungy engine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]