problems where to run pcv vacuum tube

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & Diagnosis' started by crob4452, Sep 14, 2017.

1. crob4452

crob4452 New Member

Mar 23, 2017
    i know other people have run in to this problem before with edelbrock and holley not getting along. i have a holley 650 double pumper and a edelbrock performer eps. im trying to run a pcv in this setup and i have no place to run the vacuum tube because with the holley, it sits right above the intake hole that would allow you to run the brake booster from it. i know that its not a good idea to T the pcv and brake booster together into the 3/8 vacuum port on the carb, ive been tossing around the idea of running the transmission vacuum modulator and the pcv in to the constant vacuum port in the very front of the carb but idk if that would work considering how small the port actually is (would it provide enough vacuum?) has anyone ran in to this issue and does anyone know how it can be resolved? ill run the pcv with the brake booster if i absolutely have to but would prefer not to.

2. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    This has been addressed here several times and I believe Summit has a low profile 090* fitting that will work in this situation. I have a 750 Holley on top of a RPM Air Gap, but also have a 1/2" nitrous plate between the two so I don't have that problem now. I'm taking the juice off this spring, going with another engine, so I'll be in the same boat.

3. CamaroGP

CamaroGP Veteran Member Gold Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Summerfield, Florida
    budro6968 likes this.
  4. crob4452

crob4452 New Member

Mar 23, 2017
    yeah i figured it was posted before but couldnt find a post, thanks for the input

5. crob4452

crob4452 New Member

Mar 23, 2017
    reviewing it, many still state that it wont clear the carb. without a thicker carb gasket. i should mention that im already close to not clearing the hood.

6. CamaroGP

CamaroGP Veteran Member Gold Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Summerfield, Florida
    This one is pretty low.

[​IMG]

7. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    Hummm.... Think I order that. Looks like I could do brake booster, trans vac, & hvac without the spaghetti maze I have now.

8. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    That was pretty cool to see the auto fill in. Kinda flipped me out at first like someone remotely took over.

9. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    I used one of those witha 1/2" spacer and a drop base air filter. It was a tight fit; but, it fit.