Printed Circut Board

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by Petescamaro, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Petescamaro

Petescamaro Member

Aug 16, 2014
    ACT
    Hi

In the future I will be removing a Dakota digital cluster YFD3 and putting in the U14 gauge cluster into my 72 Camaro which the car came with when originally sold in 1972
    The digital cluster was in the car when I bought it. So this will be interesting for me as I have Casanova fingers when wiring is involved.
    I will need a new printed circuit board, is there any difference between a U14 and standard printed board?
    Also the car runs a 350 turbo gearbox, will I need to change the speedo cable or speedo drive? also the cluster I am swapping over to has a 150mph speed not the correct 130mph is this going to make any difference.
    Is anything else I may need to buy or be aware of when I commence the swap over

Thanks

2. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

Oct 11, 2015
    North Bay, CA
    You will need a circuit board for gauges. They are different. You can find them at Classic Industry and other suppliers. The 150 speedo will work without any modifications. As far as the speedo drive You should be fine but you may want to check its accuracy with a gps speedo app on your phone. That's how I checked mine.

3. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
    The Dakota Digital speedometer uses an electronic speed sensor... Doesn't it?

You will need to use a speedometer cable instead of the wiring harness.
    The Temp sensor is probably wrong and the original cluster has no Oil Pressure gauge. (Just a light.)

Hope the original cluster plug and wiring is still under the dash and usable without too much hacking having been done by the previous owner.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017