Princess auto tools?

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by mikey_350, Aug 6, 2009.

1. mikey_350

mikey_350 Veteran Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Saskatchewan
    anyone a loyal shopper there? :D i must say alot of their tools are crap, but they are the only store u can go back to a year later and say it broke i want a new one and they will, so its not to bad that way, great customer service.

can spend to much time in that store, they have the odd deal though, if u really look.

we just bought a 6500 watt diesel generator for $400! it was a take back one, and the only problem it had with it was the fuel line was being choked, and the throttle cable was loose, 20 minutes of work for $500 off! ( i think it was $900 new ) but only thing is, if it breaks we cant take it back, as no warranty, but its like new, and much cheaper then the gas 6500 watt ones.

is harbor freight in the USA? see we got princess auto in Canada, and i notice almost everything harbor freight sells, is the same as princess auto, just painted different

2. Mr.SS

Mr.SS Veteran Member Gold Member

Aug 10, 2006
    NS.
    I buy the odd thing at PA. For the price it is worth having some of the junk tools for leaving in the truck etc. I hate going there because it is so damned disorganized though, it is hard to find anything.

3. Bigdog

Bigdog Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Lake Jackson, Tx.
    I have never seen a Princess Auto down here, we do have HF and Northern Tool though, sounds about the same.

Some of the stuff at HF is crap and some of it is good for the $$.

I always find something I have to have, but don't really need every time I go in there !

4. 78LTCAM

78LTCAM Veteran Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2002
    Fort Worth,Texas USA

Same here in north Texas with Northern Tool. Low Quality tools but the price is right. Sometimes I will buy a certain tool knowing that I will only use it a few times so the lower quality doesnt really bother me much.

5. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
    I went to both not to long ago (HF and NT) in memphis and the HF was terrible. Small little store and it all looked like crap. NT on the other hand appeared to have a better quality selection of tools. I didn't get to look around as much as i wanted since my wife was with me but i will be heading back when I get the chance.

6. Teamchevy

Teamchevy Veteran Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Peterborough, Ontario
    I do buy certain things from PA, consumables for grinding, cutting, welding and some tools and gadgets. Nothing worse than going in to buy one or two items on sale, walking through the whole store & surplus department and buying extra things, some you thing you'll need later. Almost like going grocery shopping when you're hungry!! ;)

Dave
    :bowtie: