Pretty sweet

Discussion in '1974 Specific' started by zfool, Apr 24, 2016.

1. zfool

zfool Veteran Member

May 19, 2014
    Rochester, MN
  2. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

Feb 1, 2007
    South Park Pa
    Really nice car, not sure 74s are bringing 39 k yet but still really nice. What's with the square thing on the gas tank almost looks like a patch.

3. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    It's a U.S. Steel ink stamp

4. gt71ss

gt71ss New Member

Dec 18, 2013
    florida
    did all the type LT Z28 in 74 come with the LT emblems on the door panels and the horn button? Or was it mid year changeover like the distributor?

5. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    Right from the start of production the horn Type LT was on the 73 also , but different pattern for 74 . The door panel emblem was a window crank plug when power windows was ordered and Type LTs got that years emblem .

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  6. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    Looks like another misrepresented car...I would imagine a car that only has a few thousand miles on it and looks that nck was part so someone's collection. However...You can clearly see the ball joints have been replaced (bolts versus rivets), wrong tie Rod adjusters and lots underneath has been painted black. I can even see rust pits on the rear sway bar painted over. hmmmm....

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  7. Jonesy

Jonesy Veteran Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Minnesota
    My LT z28 has the same horn button. Its looks like a low mile car that has been fluffed a bit. Lots of components repainted.

The valve stem caps with with center are like my originals. Most cars lost those. There are other things that prove to me its a low mile car. LT chrome pieces on the rear tail panel that never survive. Its got the wire clips on the valve covers.

few other components look like they were replaced.

I have that same US Steel stencil on my tank, almost in the same spot.